Fine tuning seems to be the CRUX. How do i do it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSCool

Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
This may take a while. . . hopefully before fall.

Set up is:
DISEqC HH DM910 42mm mount/motor
Invacom Quad Polar Legacy 4 O/P lnb
CaptiveWorks CW-41, CW-600S Premium
Winegard DS-2076 toroidal 76cm

all mounted to side of house.

Some things that I think are wrong:

The manual screen shot has Quality below Signal but the unit has Quality above Signal. minor

I haven't found a procedure to manually add a channel. minor

The disk that came with the STB has a CW Premium folder but the serial program did not work. I had to download a newer one. major

The .sdx format that CW claims is not the same as SatcoDX. major

I have loaded an .sdx file after back and forth creations with Channel Master opening first an .sdp file. This file failed to add anything and made the screen pale.

I am scared to download data as a binary. What will it do?

The upload data file is only 10kb. This must be fruitless.

The Conexant STB editor is weak. Period.

The SatcoDX client software won't connect to the CW Premium even though this is an option in the STB. major

If anyone can answer some of these riddles I would like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stopped working on the polar mount after following procedures like "FTA Reciever Testing Manual" by Dipper. I am getting signal as strong as 75 but nothing on Quality. I was connected through DISEqC switch 4 in 1 on LNB1 but have removed it to trouble shoot. The quad LNB has two Linear and two Circular. I am using Linear for Ku band at a Local Oscillator frequency of 10750.

I am located at latitude 35N (close to 36) and Longitude 086W. I am fine tuning on AMC 3 (87W) which is 181.15 True South. The elevation is 48. The offset is 24. Expected Measured is 113.84. The math is: 113.84 - 90.0 = 23.84 23.84 + 24.47 = 48.31

I've got no channels and no Quality. What do I do?

why are you trying to download something from a folder? Shouldnt need to do that

What exactly are you trying to pick up?

DSCool said:
Set up is:
DISEqC HH DM910 42mm mount/motor
Invacom Quad Polar Legacy 4 O/P lnb
CaptiveWorks CW-41, CW-600S Premium
Winegard DS-2076 toroidal 76cm

all mounted to side of house.

Some things that I think are wrong:

The manual screen shot has Quality below Signal but the unit has Quality above Signal. minor
quality is what you need to look for, not signal

I haven't found a procedure to manually add a channel. minor
from the install menu, go down to the transponder list and click "add". I think its the red button

The disk that came with the STB has a CW Premium folder but the serial program did not work. I had to download a newer one. major

The .sdx format that CW claims is not the same as SatcoDX. major

I have loaded an .sdx file after back and forth creations with Channel Master opening first an .sdp file. This file failed to add anything and made the screen pale.

I am scared to download data as a binary. What will it do?

The upload data file is only 10kb. This must be fruitless.

The Conexant STB editor is weak. Period.

The SatcoDX client software won't connect to the CW Premium even though this is an option in the STB. major
why are you trying to download something to the box when its brand new? You need to log a signal before scanning for channels.

I stopped working on the polar mount after following procedures like "FTA Reciever Testing Manual" by Dipper.
huh?

I am getting signal as strong as 75 but nothing on Quality. I was connected through DISEqC switch 4 in 1 on LNB1 but have removed it to trouble shoot.
remove the switch...more hassles to go wrong

The quad LNB has two Linear and two Circular. I am using Linear for Ku band at a Local Oscillator frequency of 10750.
correct

I am located at latitude 35N (close to 36) and Longitude 086W. I am fine tuning on AMC 3 (87W) which is 181.15 True South. The elevation is 48. The offset is 24. Expected Measured is 113.84. The math is: 113.84 - 90.0 = 23.84 23.84 + 24.47 = 48.31
huh?
latitude on the motor is the same as your latitude (36)

I am trying to build a channel list from a SatcoDX file creation. I don't see a way to manually add a channel.

I have looked at Antenna settings, Manual Searching. I have edited in transponders. I have been to LyngSat and SatcoDX for recent channels

I am fine tuning to AMC 3. Is this possible?

I successfully upgraded the box with the download tool, the loader.bin and the the upgrade.bin. This actually added a few channels, but I deleted them.

what channels are you trying to pick up? I'm confused as to why you would upgrade the software when the stuff in it works just fine?

DSCool said:
DSCool--

Elevation on motor is 55, latitude 35.62

Is there a latitude and elevation scale on the motor?

Make sure its on 35 latitude. If there is no "latitude" scale, then it would be 55 elevation

DSCool said:
I can add transponders.

ok. so if you're on AMC3 see if PBS or MOntana PBS is in the transponder list

PBS is at
12110 freq
H polarity
14025 symbol rate

Montana PBS is at
H

The software that came on the disk did not work with Premium. I ran them in the same hardware environment. Only the newer serial program worked. This begged the question. Why distribute an upgrade?

Why no Quality?

DSCool said:
The software that came on the disk did not work with Premium. I ran them in the same hardware environment. Only the newer serial program worked. This begged the question. Why distribute an upgrade?
huh? The software that comes with the box works just fine

Why no Quality?
you're not aimed at the satellite. Thats why

Oh. Well, two nights ago I could see many satellites with the naked eye and with binoculars.

If I want to add to the dish offset where would I put My inclinometer? Back of dish on LNB staff?

Can I see AMC 3 on a clear night?

DSCool said:
Oh. Well, two nights ago I could see many satellites with the naked eye and with binoculars.
huh?

If I want to add to the dish offset where would I put My inclinometer? Back of dish on LNB staff?
The dish is an offset dish so you need to use the elevation on there

Can I see AMC 3 on a clear night?
you should be able to see AMC3 on any night unless you have a really dark storm clouds to the south

There is a feed that sometimes has stuff for Bloomberg but its not 24/7.
Most of the time I see a test screen (slate)

The HH Motor manual says there should be a 30 degree marker. I don't find this on the Winegard DS-2076.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts