Fine tuning the C-Band LNB Best Practices?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Same dish, two LNB side by side, one circular (C1PLL) and the other linear ( C+KU BSC621-2D). I believe I posted some pictures last sommer.
Vallenato, you may want to check your system, I did a scan yesterday on SES6 and found 125 non$$$$$ channels. I believe you mentioned you found something like 80+.

Do you catch 40.5(circular) & 97.0W (linear) in the same motorized 6 ft antenna??:eek:..or You are talking about other dish for 97.0W:rolleyes:

One thing that could be tried, as it some times will attenuate interfering sidelobe, is set the F/D to a slightly higher value than what it 'should' be. (Keeping the same focal length) I've never done it myself, haven't needed to, but have read many pages where it's been beneficial.
The 'theory' I have about it is it will under illuminate the dish some so some loss of gain is had, but the sidelobe angle (from 0°) may be/is altered to another angle, thus reducing the interference greater than the loss of gain. See fig 3 HERE
IIRR, I recommended this to someone else here with a fixed 5 ft (quite a while ago). And IIRR, it worked for the TP they were after.

Same dish, two LNB side by side, one circular (C1PLL) and the other linear ( C+KU BSC621-2D). I believe I posted some pictures last sommer.
Vallenato, you may want to check your system, I did a scan yesterday on SES6 and found 125 non$$$$$ channels. I believe you mentioned you found something like 80+.
125 Channels On SES6@40.5W on 6ft with 2 LNb's (side by side)!!!???:eek:. Almost I fell off my chair!!!. Simply Awesome;).Congratulations!!!...I guess you are in North America.
Maybe good excuse to buy a C1PLL.:D..I have using Geosat pro C2 and Openbox S9..
Probably I have one disadvantage as my antenna is on the ground and the roof of my house in front. I dont know But this is a good one to continuing improving my system. Why not to try this on my 8ft??:rolleyes:
Did you follow the pendragon Information?
I can not remember your pictures. Could you post again? please;)
Pd:So, what else you want to watch on this? $Scramble channels$ ?? lol..:p... I think you have almost everything

Last edited:
I will do it but in antoher thread, we are starting to hijack this;)

125 Channels On SES6@40.5W on 6ft with 2 LNb's (side by side)!!!???:eek:. Almost I fell off my chair!!!. Simply Awesome;).Congratulations!!!...I guess you are in North America.
Maybe good excuse to buy a C1PLL.:D..I have using Geosat pro C2 and Openbox S9..
Probably I have one disadvantage as my antenna is on the ground and the roof of my house in front. I dont know But this is a good one to continuing improving my system. Why not to try this on my 8ft??:rolleyes:
Did you follow the pendragon Information?
I can not remember your pictures. Could you post again? please;)
Pd:So, what else you want to watch on this? $Scramble channels$ ?? lol..:p... I think you have almost everything

Cool note. I will start digging down till I find that thread. It will be nice to read all what was done at that time ( if you happen to remember the link....if it is not too much to ask, if not is OK, I will search for it). By the way I forgot to mention all the time, the main reason for tdoing the fine tuning is to have the most possible 8PSK channels which are usually the most difficult.

One thing that could be tried, as it some times will attenuate interfering sidelobe, is set the F/D to a slightly higher value than what it 'should' be. (Keeping the same focal length) I've never done it myself, haven't needed to, but have read many pages where it's been beneficial.
The 'theory' I have about it is it will under illuminate the dish some so some loss of gain is had, but the sidelobe angle (from 0°) may be/is altered to another angle, thus reducing the interference greater than the loss of gain. See fig 3 HERE
IIRR, I recommended this to someone else here with a fixed 5 ft (quite a while ago). And IIRR, it worked for the TP they were after.

Ok, can't find the original fixed dish example, but here's one where I suggested setting F/D higher #12 and continues on for what appears as good results in post #23. Anyhow, it's worth a try. IIRR, T4runner has upgraded to 8 &/or 10ft
8PSK channels which are usually the most difficult.
No, they ARE harder than QPSK but easier than 16 and 32APSK.

Ok, can't find the original fixed dish example, but here's one where I suggested setting F/D higher #12 and continues on for what appears as good results in post #23. Anyhow, it's worth a try. IIRR, T4runner has upgraded to 8 &/or 10ftNo, they ARE harder than QPSK but easier than 16 and 32APSK.

i have added a 10ft Perfect ten, which will eventually completely replace my other two 7.5ft dishes. But not yet... I currently have three seperate C Band systems operating and one or two KU band systems depending upon my current tweaking mode... I will eventually have a fire sale...

Great!
And would you ship to SW Ontario one of the 7.5? I mean shipping free? :p
No serioulsy, where are U located?

i have added a 10ft Perfect ten, which will eventually completely replace my other two 7.5ft dishes. But not yet... I currently have three seperate C Band systems operating and one or two KU band systems depending upon my current tweaking mode... I will eventually have a fire sale...

Excellent!

Now I have an excuse to drive 4,000 miles and almost a week to pick it up. Enjoy the new 10'. I have a 6ft and I believe I can make up to probably 8 ft before the neighbours start complaining.

Does anybody know who sells 7.5-8 ft polar mount dishes in North America?

East Central California in the foothills above Fresno/Clovis, California.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Does anybody know who sells 7.5-8 ft polar mount dishes in North America?
There's 10-foot Mesh Antennas Available
Other than that, there's Tek2000 in Canada, but there's a question of actual 'source'. Think there's been a member or two that purchased, but haven't seen a review posted (yet). Tek2000 Mesh Satellite Pics (Fake Pics ?!)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/search.php?searchid=9506875
AFAIK, other than those, one has to look at 'commercial' today. DH satellite being one. (but doesn't look like they have an under 3m prime focus any longer)
GDSATCOM (prodelin) (R/O - receive only) 2.4 Meter R/O C and Ku-Band, Series 1252or 2.4 Meter R/O C and Ku-Band, Series 1253 http://www.gdsatcom.com/vsat_antennaspecs.php I don't want to see the $.
OK, had to look
1253-990 - 2.4M Polar System - 2 weeks - $ 1,306 (before shipping??)

Last edited:
Thanks Fat Air
I leave in a typical Ontario detached house in the suburbs of the most populated canadian area, the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and I don't have too much back yard. So far the neighbours have not complained, I guess I can go 2 ft more without making too much noise but going at once to 3 mts is like almost doubling the dish size. I believe I would have a lot of complains if I go that far.:rant:

I will stay looking for teh 7.5-8 ft polar mount dish.

Thanks again!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts