FIOS and keeping copper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

I have 2 phone lines, one is connected to Earthlink DSL for a business. Covad actually ran a seperate copper and box for their DSL. I live nw of Boston, in Natick.

Verizon comes out to try to sell me FIOS. Phone/TV/Internet. Great! I say convert the one only phone number and leave the copper for the other for phone and Earthlink DSL. It is billed seperately, in a seperate box on the house.

They get on the phone to provisioning and after 45 minutes, tell me that they cant do that. Why not? Isn't it just like an apartment install where some residents go fios and some stay copper?

Is there a magic phrase to have them leave the copper lines for the second phone line?

My plan was to keep the second on Earthlink, get the business fios pkg with 8 static ip's, have both FIOS and Earthlink up and convert my business static ip systems to the FIOS static ips, then cancel earthlink dsl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts