fios and the state of KentuckY?

purvis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Is it true that Verizon is not in the state of KentuckY? Any other phone companies going into the tv/internet business in kentucky:mad:

who's your phone provider?

Besides verizon, which is already going, the only other phone company I recall planning to enter TV is AT&T, which now includes SBC & Bellsouth

Well, Lexington has Alltel. They just upgraded from 2 cans and a string, so I don't think Fios is in our future. :( Bellsouth is in Richmond and a few other surrounding cities. A guy that I work with lives in Richmond and he claims Bellsouth has been running fiber around his neighborhood. So there maybe hope in those cities.

nuts4scuba said:
Well, Lexington has Alltel. They just upgraded from 2 cans and a string, so I don't think Fios is in our future. :( Bellsouth is in Richmond and a few other surrounding cities. A guy that I work with lives in Richmond and he claims Bellsouth has been running fiber around his neighborhood. So there maybe hope in those cities.

Of course, with the purchase of Bellsouth by AT&T, rumors are abound as to what the next Telco purchase will be, and Alltel, Sprint, and Qwest have been mentioned as possible targets for Verizon.

All I can say is, I will be VERY HAPPY if Verizon goes after Alltel... and might even do a few cartwheels...

~Alan

In Lexington, Alltel bought the phone service from Verizon a few years back. I wasn't very happy about it. Maybe Verizon will buy it back.

nuts4scuba said:
In Lexington, Alltel bought the phone service from Verizon a few years back. I wasn't very happy about it. Maybe Verizon will buy it back.

I figure, with my luck, Verizon will probably go after Sprint or Qwest, but I'm still excited by the possibility...

~Alan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts