Fios beats DirecTv in latest customer satisfaction ranking

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Poor customer service and higher prices have led to some of worst scores in years for TV and internet companies across the U.S., according a new report from American Customer Satisfaction Index."

I guess it depends who you define customer service. It seems nowadays customer service is define as to how much the provider is willing to give away for free.

"Poor customer service and higher prices have led to some of worst scores in years for TV and internet companies across the U.S., according a new report from American Customer Satisfaction Index."

I guess it depends who you define customer service. It seems nowadays customer service is define as to how much the provider is willing to give away for free.
I agree with that sentiment, and understand customers get pissed because they feel they are paying to much, but if customers stopped switching every 2 years, and also stopped switching during temporary take downs of channels on each provider....these prices would be a lot more in control. For instance, if people did not switch over the Fox News debacle, Fox would have had zero leverage and could not demand higher prices. If ESPN goes down, and people stuck around until ESPN feels the hurt, then that silly $5 price tag comes down. WE did this to OURselves, but it is easy to blame to person taking our money, that is giving us exactly what WE asked for.

I agree with that sentiment, and understand customers get pissed because they feel they are paying to much, but if customers stopped switching every 2 years, and also stopped switching during temporary take downs of channels on each provider....these prices would be a lot more in control. For instance, if people did not switch over the Fox News debacle, Fox would have had zero leverage and could not demand higher prices. If ESPN goes down, and people stuck around until ESPN feels the hurt, then that silly $5 price tag comes down. WE did this to OURselves, but it is easy to blame to person taking our money, that is giving us exactly what WE asked for.
Customers wouldn't keep switching every 2 years if these companies rewarded loyal customers with lower prices instead of offering better deals to new customers. These companies did this to themselves. After my 2 year contract with DirecTV is over you bet I am going to switch to another company. Luckily for me, in my area I can get Verizon, Cablevision, Dish network, and DirecTV so I have plenty of choices.

Reactions: Troch77 and AZ.
Do you think more credits for loyalty would be available if less people did what you do and increase the churn rate forcing the business to try and attract a stable customer base number? Welcome to the end effect where everyone is now trying to buyout or merge with one another just to be able to continue to compete. Also, the reduced the total number of options on average across the country. That mentality is what put us in the position we are in of extraordinarily high prices to begin with.

If they want to start building loyalty they can start doing something like 1% off your bill for every year you stay with them. For example, if you're with them for 10 years you would get 10% off. Doubt that will ever happen though because they would rather lose a customer to a competitor than offer a slight discount. Another way to retain customers is to offer something that the others don't have. DirecTV has sports but you end up paying more for that and a lot of people don't care about sports. I see a lot of people switching to Verizon FIOS because of their customizeable tv packs. No other TV provider offers that unless you count Sling and Sony's internet tv service.

Also, these companies aren't merging and buying each other out in order to try to stay afloat or compete. They make plenty of money already. They are doing it because they are greedy and the less competition they have the better it is for them.

Reactions: Troch77
Glad my electric company offers me a 1% discount every year I am with them loyally....

Both Dish and DTV are pretty good at calculating a customers value to the company and offering hundreds of dollars a year off their bill. I just got my brother $40x12 months and ST free this season. That means in this 12 month period, he is getting $830 discounts. That's a huge savings.

Also, these companies aren't merging and buying each other out in order to try to stay afloat or compete. They make plenty of money already. They are doing it because they are greedy and the less competition they have the better it is for them.
Considering growth has slowed, and for some even gone backwards, thanks to online offerings, I would disagree

If they want to start building loyalty they can start doing something like 1% off your bill for every year you stay with them. For example, if you're with them for 10 years you would get 10% off. Doubt that will ever happen though because they would rather lose a customer to a competitor than offer a slight discount. Another way to retain customers is to offer something that the others don't have. DirecTV has sports but you end up paying more for that and a lot of people don't care about sports. I see a lot of people switching to Verizon FIOS because of their customizeable tv packs. No other TV provider offers that unless you count Sling and Sony's internet tv service.
10% off ain't squat ...
Also, you CAN get that 10 % off rather easily if you ask.

Thats nice if you have Verizon Fios to swap too, problem is they are only available in specific areas, just like ATT is ... so you can't really look at that as being an option for everyone.

If you like Fios (for example) why switch every 2 years, why not just stay there if thats happens to be the provider you like best ?
Why force your family to change providers and channel line ups every few years ?

Reactions: JUCJ85
Glad my electric company offers me a 1% discount every year I am with them loyally....

Both Dish and DTV are pretty good at calculating a customers value to the company and offering hundreds of dollars a year off their bill. I just got my brother $40x12 months and ST free this season. That means in this 12 month period, he is getting $830 discounts. That's a huge savings.
Wow, can you do that for me too ?

and this exactly I don't understand. Folks wants to demand their pricing structure to cable companies, but they wont do they same to the water and electric bill. Amazing!!

FWIW, I have been buying iPhones since 2007, so far I have bough 19 iPhones, 3 Macs minis, one iMac 5K, 4 iPads, Apple Watch, plus miscellaneous accessories, yet Apple does not give a discount on my next purchase. I think you can call me an Apple Loyal customer.

Being loyal to a company does not necessarily means that that company has to now give free service.

and this exactly I don't understand. Folks wants to demand their pricing structure to cable companies, but they wont do they same to the water and electric bill. Amazing!!

FWIW, I have been buying iPhones since 2007, so far I have bough 19 iPhones, 3 Macs minis, one iMac 5K, 4 iPads, Apple Watch, plus miscellaneous accessories, yet Apple does not give a discount on my next purchase. I think you can call me an Apple Loyal customer.

Being loyal to a company does not necessarily means that that company has to now give free service.
That was the point I was trying to make. Just not as blatant.

Great,now I just have to move to another part of the country where FIOS is offered. This has no impact for me whatsoever,especially since FIOS is not offered anywhere near where I live.

The fee alone for HD is enough to turn off customer satisfaction.
HD fees should never been started in the first place, however, when one company decided to see if they could get away with it, a d did, others took notice and started charging for it.
Once companies saw that they too could tack on another $10 per sub and get away with it, that was it, it was hear to stay.

I know some of you will chime in that you don't pay an HD fee with your provider .... yes you do, they are just calling it something else or bundling it with another charge.

Btw, I don't remember ever having a SD Charge ...

I know some of you will chime in that you don't pay an HD fee with your provider .... yes you do, they are just calling it something else or bundling it with another charge.

Btw, I don't remember ever having a SD Charge ...
a fee is a fee and only one if is being charged. just because you knew one time was being charged it doesn't makes it true that it is something different or being bundles with something else.

DIRECTV® no longer charges for HD, they do however charge for every receiver since 7/2014. And jus because CableCos have a different price structure for the hardware, it does not mean they are charging for HD, they are just charging more for their hardware. We need to call the things for what they are.

a fee is a fee and only one if is being charged. just because you knew one time was being charged it doesn't makes it true that it is something different or being bundles with something else.

DIRECTV® no longer charges for HD, they do however charge for every receiver since 7/2014. And jus because CableCos have a different price structure for the hardware, it does not mean they are charging for HD, they are just charging more for their hardware. We need to call the things for what they are.
Really ?

Hmmm,
Seams I have been paying for an HD Fee since they decided to have one, what was it, 2003 ?
Then they came up with the Advanced Recvr fee of like 23/25 dollars which was the DVR fee, the Whole Home fee and the HD FEE all bundled together ... call it something else and tell people they are not paying a HD Fee .... IF you believe that kind of propaganda fine ... were not all nieve to that degree.

Here is the line item right off my bill:

5. Advanced Receiver Service - HD 10.00
7. Advanced Receiver Service - DVR 10.00
8. DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service 3.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)