Fios Contact Information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
I'm wondering if anyone here has an email address for someone "in the know" at Verizon with regards to Fios. I've felt like I've signed up for their contact list so many times and it's still been 2 years since they said we would be hooked up. All of the neighboring communities are hooked up, and I just want to know where we stand in my town, and if there are some local politicians I need to be speaking to.

Any sort of email contact would be great. Thanks.

Verizon is pretty tight-lipped about specific build-out plans, but they often publish a general montly build-out plan in your area. You may wish to visit Verizon in the Community for Pennsylvania and the Pennsylvania FTTP Construction schedule.

Additionally, you may wish to check with your local franchise authority (LFA) for the specific terms of the cable franchise. For example, at our Virginia home the initial build-out areas had to be completed and FiOS TV offered within the first 12-months. The only build-out requirement in the Country is that Verizon offer FiOS TV service to 60% residents within 7-years, and 80% of residents within 10-years. Of course, the service areas much meet a population density as well...so rural folks may be SOL. Three years ago FiOS TV service was being offered 3-miles away from our home address...and it is still 3-miles away. Offhand, I don't think Verizon is offering service to more than 15% of Country residents. Although there has been some construction, they would need to build-out a number of their Central Offices and run fiber...unfortunately, Verizon is focusing their money and manpower in more populated areas of Northern Virginia at this time.

If I were you, I would check with your LFA to see if they have any specific information (e.g., franchise agreement) regarding when you're neighborhood is supposed to have service. Additionally, since each Verizon business unit is incorporated in the state they operate, you can always try to contact the "Government Representatives" at Verizon Pennsylvania Inc. Of course, I doubt you'll receive any useful information from them since, as I mentioned, they are pretty tight-lipped.

You may be able to get some information from other area residents over at dslreports.com Verizon TV Forum. Sorry I couldn't provide any better information.

Verizon FIOS TV forum - dslreports.com broadband community

I'm wondering if anyone here has an email address for someone "in the know" at Verizon with regards to Fios. I've felt like I've signed up for their contact list so many times and it's still been 2 years since they said we would be hooked up. All of the neighboring communities are hooked up, and I just want to know where we stand in my town, and if there are some local politicians I need to be speaking to.

Any sort of email contact would be great. Thanks.
Do you have Verizon FiOS (Internet and Phone) service in your area? Remember, Verizon cannot offer TV services until they have obtained a franchise agreement with your LFA. The LFA could be a state, county, city or town (depends on local politics). It has been my observation that Verizon is hesitant to run FTTP into new areas unless they can offer all three services. My LFA is administered by the Cable & Telecom Commission...you should have something similar (some are better, some are much worse and provide little online information).

http://www.spotsylvania.va.us/departments/infoserv/cablecom/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)