Sep 8, 2003
Fios official TV Brochure

Here is the official brochure and channel line-up for Verizon TV Fios:

Attachments

• ka326058.pdf
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,918
  • kTi26334.pdf
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,056
i does not look like the premium channels are included in the main line up, but i was comparing prices and it still looks like a better deal.

God am I jealous.

So many channels that I never knew existed.

I also noticed Subscription Video On Demand is included with all Premium Channels at no extra charge. That is really a bargain. I know Cablevision charges $4.95 per channel!!!

Also there is soo many free on demand channels. I would not have any time to watch regular linear channels

I also like that practically all the premium channels get both the East and West cost feeds. I would consider moving to Keller just to get hooked up with Verizon :)

Man,

this is heaven on earth.... Did you see the latino package priced at $12 or was I seeing things? Man... I am salivating... I need MY FIOS TV NOW>>> :bow

They carry all the WEST version of the premium channels but the WEST version of the HD channel is not carried. That is weird... Could it be a typo?

Don't read much into that list. If you also look in the fine print on the prices list it says that the programming can change and that the channel listings are approximate.

I can tell you for sure that several HD channels that I know they have deals with aren't listed and for good reason. Also they will have the the extra west feeds for the Starz channels as well as the extra West feeds for the HD premium channels. Also once they get the deal done with HBO expect the movie package option to cost 29.99 or around that at which time the HBO/Cinemax option will be gone. Right now they are covering their basis for new customers signing up and from what I hear is that HBO and Cinemax will be offered as an extra package as the list shows until such time as Time Warner fully works out their deal. The plan is at some point to have one movie package that will cost 30 bucks a month that you can add to the 40 bucks a month basic price that will include all premium channels. You can buy each package seperatly but it will cost you 14.95/month per premium channel offering. So most customers would get them all if they want more than three. Also most customers in many areas are paying 55/month for just basic cable so they won't mind that much pay an extra 15 bucks a month to get all premium channels with both their HD and On Demand channels.

I've also been told that Verizon will not be offering an HDTV package. All HDTV channels will come free as long as your renting an HD box and/or HD DVR.

If you also get FIOS internet you can take an extra 5 bucks a month off the basic package so you would pay 35 bucks instead of 40.

Right now if you didn't have a phone package that totals over 35 bucks a month this is what you would get and pay if you got both TV and internet.

45.00/month for FIOS Internet (5Mbps down / 2Mbps UP)
35.00/month for basic TV package to include 160+ channels.
12.00/Movie Package (Showtime/TMC/Starz/Encore)
25.00/HBO/Cinemax Package
39.00/Rental of three HD DVR boxes which include all HD channels)
---------------------------------------------------------------
156.00/total cost without taxes.
20.00/taxes (could be much lower)
--------------------------------------------------------------
176.00/grand total.

Now again if the HBO/Cinemax deal gets worked out like I believe it will you can shave that price down to 171.00 total. Again this package will include the internet, all premium channels included their HDTV and On Demand channels. This package also includes three HD DVR boxes that will also have multiroom support as well. Also you get all the HD channels. Now again this is all the regular pricing and they will have promos but from where I'm sitting I'll get much more from Verizon for less money.

Right now I don't get Starz On Demand nor the extra SD west feeds of Starz. I don't get Starz, Cinemax or the TMC On Demand. I also don't get WB, UPN nor ESPN 2 HD. I also don't get a fast upload speed on my internet nor do I get an all digital lineup. So BHN gives me all of this or lack of I should say and charges me a total bill of 207.56 per month. So if I can get everything I get today with more and better for 175/month I'll be all over it like white on rice.

my bill should be around that much with phone included. i only plan on getting one hd pvr and one regular stb. i will probably only get hbo until the final movie package is ready.

I say bring it on FIOS, what a deal this will be. I can't wait to get FIOS.... They also carry RAI (Italian), I am definetely taking the jump as soon as they lay the fiber in my area!!!!

they say five bucks off the basic package for tv. i have a feeling it will be a little bit more when you start to bundle phone internet and cell phone.

Sean Mota said:
Man,

this is heaven on earth.... Did you see the latino package priced at $12 or was I seeing things? Man... I am salivating... I need MY FIOS TV NOW>>> :bow

Nice! The Dish Network Latino package is $24.99, almost double the money. We want FIOS, we want FIOS.

The installation charges are outrageous though. $29.95 if you disconnect a Set Top Box. $50.00 for a service call and also for a new installation. :(

I just don't see the premium sports subscriptions..NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA. Anyone know if they are planning to offer any of these? I think the NFL is an exclusive for D*, but was wondering about the others.

LonghornXP said:
This package also includes three HD DVR boxes that will also have multiroom support as well. Also you get all the HD channels. Now again this is all the regular pricing and they will have promos but from where I'm sitting I'll get much more from Verizon for less money.
Rumor has it (at least as far as I understand it) is that it may not be necessary to have more then one DVR in a house. The plain receivers may be able to act as clients pulling information from a single household DVR. Don't quote me on it though.

Also, a 6-tuner DVR is also suppose to become available soon although it's not currently available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)