FiOS Rollout schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For what its worth my parents live in Middletown Delaware. Verizon is agressively putting fiber optic in the ground and has pamphlets available. Middletown will be a gold mine for Verizon du2 there is no Highspeed internet available and the cable service is atlantic broadband and they just dont have the resources to have such a quickly developing area.

Natick, MASS is close to FIOS-TV. We had the fios fiber run over a year ago. They are in front of the town now for a franchise.

I was in town hall for something else and saw the meeting agenda for Verizon and tv

No, we had the same problem with broadband in this area. It was advertised during an all out media blitz, but when you called to order the service, you were told that it's not in this area yet. It took them 2 years after the initial media blitz (a solid week of it) before broadband was available to everyone.

It has nothing to do with being an adult and talking and getting answers. It has everything to do with frustration and lies. If you lived in my area you would know and understand this. The nature of the beast around here is to get everyones hopes up that it will be available in the next month, (which if it were then that would be ok), but then the availibility, installation, and the ability to have the area wired and converted doesnt happen for 2 years.

now if verizon could only get fios out to our rural area. right now I am pretty pissed at E* for taking off court TV with no warning at all, and our area only has 1 cable company, plus you can't get locals with directv. I'm sure though that my grandchildren won't even see fios because of our rural area.

Long Beach CO is not on the schedule for 2007 that I was given a while back from a VZ employee on FIOS deployment within Nassau County. Once your CO is wired you'll be able to get FIOS internet, then an agreement will have to be worked out for TV since you are an incorporated village within the Town of Hempstead. It could be a while, especially since the agreement with TOH stated full deployment will be completed around 2009, as I recall. It may be another year or so before you see FIOS around Long Beach.

They are a bunch of jerks. Where's the competitive edge here? They're up against only Cablevision which has been in Nassau County forever. What happens if Verizon says Long Beach goes in next week? Cablevision is going to drop their rates? They have adds in the newspaper, even an add on the side of their building here in Levittown and what do I get in the mail? DSL ads. It took my wife over 24 hrs just to get them to fix our landline last week. And have you seen their rates? Nickel and dime you to death. Box, HDTV box, DVR box, HDTV box, etc, etc. Gimme a break.

Last edited:
VZ is doing TV installs in a lot of areas of NJ. They're not advertising it, but anyone with fiber in the area should keep checking the www.verizonfios.com website. I plugged my number in last Thursday and I had the great pleasure of being first out of my CO with TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts