FiOS TV Adds 73K Va. Households (1 Viewer)

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Verizon Communications Inc. rolled out its Verizon FiOS TV service to 73,000 households in Fairfax County, Va.

FiOS TV is now available in portions of Annandale, Falls Church, Springfield, Burke, Newington, McLean, Tyson's Corner, Oakton and Wolf Trap.

The regional Bell operating company also said it will extend its fiber-optic network to 25 of its local service areas in Virginia by the end of 2006, making more than 300,000 households capable of receiving FiOS TV.

Verizon has obtained video franchises covering more than 1.3 million households in California, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia, and the RBOC currently offers FiOS TV in a number of communities in Maryland, California, Florida, Massachusetts, New York and Texas.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6317340.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2226

loneryder

Mar 21, 2006
N. Va.
Additional info

For some reason they never list Fairfax. More precise, Fairfax Cty between Herndon and Chantilly. To my knowlefge they haven't really advertised. I went online for dsl and put in my phone # and they offered me FIOS. I was going to move my $70+ per month Direct tv until I saw the prices. $35 per month for hundreds of channels...+$10 for HD. Hell Yea!
The neighborhood had a shitfit when they were laying cable as it messed up a bunch of old asphalt driveways. They would only replace the part they damaged so folks were having to pay to repave the rest as not to have a third new driveway and 2/3 20 yr. old. They tried to get a halt to the installation but I guess they didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts