Fios vs Cable For TWC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
To those of you that have Fios, or At&t's u-verse. How does it compare to cable on one very important channel to my dad, The Weather Channel. As we all know when we tune into The Weather Channel on cable, it displays our local weather forecast, something that is not possable when viewing The Weather Channel via Dish or DirecTV. Is it the same as cable or satellite?

Mine does.

I have FIOS in North Texas. The Weather Channel does show the local forecast, and in addition, there is also another channel that shows nothing but the Weather Channel local forecast and traffic conditions.

There is also a feature that Verizon calls a widget. If you press the "A" button on the remote, it brings up a window on the bottom of the screen with the current weather conditions and an abridged local forecast.

Gary

grotto said:
I have FIOS in North Texas. The Weather Channel does show the local forecast, and in addition, there is also another channel that shows nothing but the Weather Channel local forecast and traffic conditions.

There is also a feature that Verizon calls a widget. If you press the "A" button on the remote, it brings up a window on the bottom of the screen with the current weather conditions and an abridged local forecast.

Gary

So are you saying you have 2 "The Weather Channels"? One that is what were used to seeing when we had cable, w/out local forecase, and one that people with satellite are used to seeing?

No, you get the one you are used to with cable (that has the local forecast), plus an all weather channel that is just local to your area. With Comcast, a simular channel is on 101 (WeatherScan, I think).

-John

In Northern Virginia, in addition to TWC, with local forecast, and the separate channel with just the local weather from TWC, we also have three local dedicated weather channels from the local CBS, ABC, and NBC stations. One shows nothing but a continuous radar scan, one is a NBC "Weather Plus" station, and the other shows radar plus a local forecast ticker. I've spent the last several years with Dish, so this is the other end of the local weather spectrum.

jgantert said:
No, you get the one you are used to with cable (that has the local forecast), plus an all weather channel that is just local to your area. With Comcast, a simular channel is on 101 (WeatherScan, I think).

Yes, we get WeatherScan on broadcast basic cable & the main TWC feed on expanded basic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts