Fire Fox Uninstall and Email issues.....

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Last night I decided to give Fire Fox another spin on my HP Quad Core W7 desktop. I really like the add blocker associated with Fire Fox. I first installed Fire Fox on my wifes Xp laptop months ago and it flies. I installed it on this machine back when it had Vista. Didn't work all that well for me. After installing it again last night on this same desktop but now with W7 as my OS, I gave it another try. It works ok but I can't for the life of me get used to the layout of Fire Fox. I guess I am stuck with Internet Explorer that I am so familiar with. I uninstalled Fire Fox but do miss the add blocker. This morning I get back on my pc and notice the left clicker on my 2 year old Logitech MX Revolution mouse died. Out of Warranty of Course. I went down to BB and purchased the new Performance Mouse MX by Logitech. I like it. Anyway after I installed the new software for the mouse I checked a few of my emails and find out that I can no longer open any links in Outlook 2007. I would get this b.s. pop up indicating that I was denied that operation and to contact my Systems Administrator. Chit that's me. :eek: I rebooted in safe mode no Cigar. I removed Norton still didn't work. I reinstalled Outlook and still had the same problem. I made sure that IE8 was my default browser and changed some setting and I still couldn't get the links in my emails to work. I surfed the net finding other people who had similar problems. I noticed a lot of them were referencing Fire Fox. Well here is the rub. For the heck of it I reinstalled Fire Fox making it my default browser. Links in the emails were working again. I went back and made IE8 my default browser without removing Fire Fox and the links are still working :confused:........ Go figure.
Sorry about the long post but if anyone else has this problem in the future I hope this will save them some time.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)