Fire in Los Angeles causing problems?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Emma Peel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Today I have absolutely no signal from any of the satellites. Reset several times no help. No changes at all to my system or setup.

The only thing I can think of is I am in mid-city Los Angeles and there are those large fires going onto the south.

Is any one else in the LA area having this problems or is it something else?

I've been through the San Diego fires and smoke didn't have any effect on signal strength.

If it were just local stations that are gone I'd believe the local uplink or cable going east was burnt up or the equipment lost power. But if your saying CNN and such are gone too, I have no explanation.

Do you have a lot of ash covering everything? That is the only thing fire related I think of and I don't know how it would stop the signal but I suppose it could.

Is anyone watering your roof? That might short the Dish or cable? But I figure that at a one in a million shot.

I can't think of any likely cause.

More likely is some sort of unrelated failure in your setup. Maybe a cut coax from the dish, or the dish itself may have gotten knocked out of alignment, or perhaps something is blocking the signal that wasn't there before (new construction?).

If you are not comfortable investigating these possible causes yourself you can call Dish Network to send out a technician and check it out for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts