This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

firetv sale for Amazon Prime members

I was wary of posting that publicly; I'm hoping Amazon won't block the work-around.
I have read that Amazon has already disabled, and then re-enabled some of the methods mentioned in the link that I posted, so I am pretty sure that Amazon is already aware of the workarounds.

I just installed the firetv stick, and I did not have any problem accessing YouTube. There was a pre-installed icon for Youtube. When I clicked on it, the on-screen message said to use either the Firefox or Silk browser to access YouTube and there were buttons provided for selecting Firefox or Silk. I selected Firefox (I had already downloaded it to the firetv stick) and YouTube ran full-screen with no problems.

Yeah, that's the "official" workaround. What we're talking about here is uninstalling the stock app and re-installing a third-party app.

Not only is running Firefox or silk the official workaround, but it’s also ironic that the Firefox YouTube experience is the exact same experience as the YouTube app was before google blocked it.

Both are just displaying YouTube.com/tv in full screen.

Reactions: TheKrell and wormil
I don’t see OLEDs as practical yet. In future years, but today- just for early adopters.
Maybe not from a cost standpoint, but in performance they are much more so, particularly in viewing angle...just as wide as plasmas were. I was close to getting a 65 Sony 930 but stumbled upon a "hidden" deal at Amazon and got the OLED for the same money.

I thought this was a good deal, already have 2 boxes so was going to order couple more for my kids until I saw the new device doesn't come with ethernet port and they charge $15 for some lame ass adapter.

I thought this was a good deal, already have 2 boxes so was going to order couple more for my kids until I saw the new device doesn't come with ethernet port and they charge $15 for some lame ass adapter.

Why do you need an ethernet port? Do you not have wireless at your house?