First and last time using an installer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
LOL !!! Hell, just look at the home's exterior; hose bib and window WILL NOT pass code anywhere I have ever lived. Not framed and set correctly. Even the siding looks like a crap install; seams not flush. To hell with having his dish blow away; he should worry about that raggedy house falling down, leaking or catching on fire; ARGH FIRE; I can only imagine what the plumbing and wiring look like.

Attachments

• 101_1306.JPG
    101_1306.JPG
    409.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
The things communities allow. And then they wonder how a minor ice and rain or wind demolishes the town or why the town turns into trailor crap in a few years and then they bitch and end up moving away. This is what ordinances and codes are for, but people will never learn. I would rather spend $175,000 right ONCE that lasts a lifetime, than $85,000 once with yearly repairs and fixes a pawn them as routine.

charper1 said:
LOL !!! Hell, just look at the home's exterior; hose bib and window WILL NOT pass code anywhere I have ever lived. Not framed and set correctly. Even the siding looks like a crap install; seams not flush. To hell with having his dish blow away; he should worry about that raggedy house falling down, leaking or catching on fire; ARGH FIRE; I can only imagine what the plumbing and wiring look like.

And I was wondering how the homeowner cuts the grass with the cables on the surface, but thats probally the least of his worries huh ? :eek:

johnml said:
And I was wondering how the homeowner cuts the grass with the cables on the surface, but thats probally the least of his worries huh ? :eek:

Heh, at least my guy tucked the vertical drop behind the siding and stapled the horizontal coax run to the side.

johnml said:
Are you talking about the jumpers on my dish ? :what If so they did replace the whole dish - Im not sure if their the same one's...

Yes i'm talking about the Jumpers that go from the 119 LNB to the 101 LNB, they're junk, i noticed he didn't use rubber weather seals either, bad very bad.

PoitNarf said:
Heh, at least my guy tucked the vertical drop behind the siding and stapled the horizontal coax run to the side.

Stapled Coax ? :eek: :eek: :eek: Better get the Prot-Plan,thats gonna be a service call. Stapling Coax changes the impedence of the coax, doesn't make a difference for Analog Cable signal, but it can cause problem with Digi-Sat signals, hopefully he used curved made for coax staples.

LOL and Yes the pics of the install are Midwest, Hamilton County Indiana.

IndyTech said:
Yes i'm talking about the Jumpers that go from the 119 LNB to the 101 LNB, they're junk, i noticed he didn't use rubber weather seals either, bad very bad.

Where can i buy a couple ? or find rubber seals ? :hatsoff:
Definitly dont want any more problems - I had to have Directv send out tech's five times to finally get it right ( They gotta be sick of me by now ), and the last one was supposed to be a senior tech.
Are these the cables that came with the dish ? Thanx-

johnml said:

Surround the cable with junk cars on blocks. That'll protect the cable from the weedwacker while mowing the lawn. heehaw!!!:eek:

yes John those are the cable that came with the Dish, they fail all the time, LOL in fact i just changed a pair of jumpers on a Cal-Amp Dish today. I dunno why, but they're just crappy, mass produced has nothing on good old hand made and inspected when it comes to cables and cable ends. LOL

IndyTech said:
yes John those are the cable that came with the Dish, they fail all the time, LOL in fact i just changed a pair of jumpers on a Cal-Amp Dish today. I dunno why, but they're just crappy, mass produced has nothing on good old hand made and inspected when it comes to cables and cable ends. LOL

What about the Slimline dish? Will you still need the jumpers and will it be as hard to tune?

ok, this is what i was told about the new slim line.

Supposedly, the new dish will sort of become D*'s everything dish, kinda like on dish does it all, we were told when the new dish comes out, if theres an LNB problem we're supposed totake the old dish down and put up a Slim, this leads me to believe the new slim will have an LNB similiar to the 99,101,103 LNB on the Current AT9s, that'll be a big LNB but probably wind up a little more cost effective, ONE DISH,ONE LNB takes care of everything, but hey you know how people talk.

as a Tech, i hope they get rid of all the other dishes and just use this one as the answer to everything. allthough if that happens, LOL i can a decrease in pay, then it will be too easy.

You get what you (DONT) pay for

I looked into being a install tech in LA. I'm a mechanical engineer (MSME) that was looking for some off-time side work. The problem is that jobs were only paying $100 per install. That doesn't include wiring/cement/clips/etc that had to be provided by the installer. Of course, no fancy trucks/equipment/gas money was provided either. Once I figured that most jobs were two man and I would be responsible for hiring/paying a partner and all the other equipment I figured that it would only pay slightly better than wal-mart (with all the risk on my head).

As you might expect I took a hike out the door. Now, I'm repairing computers (running my own business) and the $30/hr I charge is far better than the lousy pay Directv wanted.

Do you really expect an intaller to anything but the bare minium required to allow him to get the hell out and cash his paycheck?

kleinwl said:
I looked into being a install tech in LA. I'm a mechanical engineer (MSME) that was looking for some off-time side work. The problem is that jobs were only paying $100 per install. That doesn't include wiring/cement/clips/etc that had to be provided by the installer. Of course, no fancy trucks/equipment/gas money was provided either. Once I figured that most jobs were two man and I would be responsible for hiring/paying a partner and all the other equipment I figured that it would only pay slightly better than wal-mart (with all the risk on my head).

As you might expect I took a hike out the door. Now, I'm repairing computers (running my own business) and the $30/hr I charge is far better than the lousy pay Directv wanted.

Do you really expect an intaller to anything but the bare minium required to allow him to get the hell out and cash his paycheck?

No not after what I learned they are paid. D* & E* get by on the very cheap for installs. As long as they keep growing they will keep doing it.

kleinwl said:

directv is getting worse every year with the pay rate per install. its like the more work they give you the less money you make. the hd system is not that easy to install especially when the customers'house is not prewire or dont have any outlets at all. thats why alot of installers will come up with a bs excuse so they wont spend alot of hours at one job. we end up losing alot of money and have to force other customers to reschedule .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)