First channel you saw when you aimed your first FTA dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
pretty simple question.....when you aimed your first FTA dish (KU or C-Band) what was the first channel you saw?

for me it was CCTV of all channels. I was using a Viacast 2000 and thought I was aimed at IA6 my true south and got CCTV next door.

That viacast was bad for aiming. 10 entries (each TP is an entry) and you have to have SOME signal before it logs the channel. Not like boxes now that you can enter in the info and scan the dish until you get signal.

NASA was the first one I saw.. (piggy backed on my dish system).. then I tie strapped an lnb to the dish and picked up I think it was 123 (obviously not very well) but it was cool to get anything.. :)

The one that I remember was MTA ( Muslim Channels ) on 87.0 west , I was looking for my true south , it was very cold I was excited and my brother was helping me , after about 40 minutes we tightened the bolts on the motor and were tracking the Clarke Belt , I only had to go on the roof 1 more time to make an adjustment.

Pretty sure it was Aljazeera English on G25, because my first FTA dish was aimed there for all of the international content. Now, I saw NYN first on my motorized system that I recently installed. :D

I can't remember lol, for sure, but I think it was ONN. I had researched a lot on lyngsat, so none of it would've been a big surprise. The best surprise was finding the horses running and unscrambled!!!!!

It would have been the last channel on the Equity mux on 11720 on G10R (It's KLMN now, don't know if it was the same a year and a half ago). If there had been any FTA channels on G13/H1 then it would have been one of them, as when I was first aiming I was using 11720 on G10R and wasn't getting anything so I just happen to scroll down the list of satellites close to G10R and the G13/H1 transponder lit up (much to my delight and relief). Also was my first introduction to the fact that Fortec dish elevation markings might be slightly off (about 4 degrees for that dish)!

First channel I tuned in when I got my Pansat 2700 hooked to my c band dish was the CW east on G-11. First channel I found with my FTA dish for G-10 was actually White Springs Tv when looking for G-10. First channel I saw on my Primestar dish when hooking it to my 4D for X4 was American Life Tv. If I go way way back in the day to 1987 when I put up my first 10 foot c band dish, it was WWOR on G1-15. :)

My very first FTA channel was the Jewelry Channel when it was still analog on G11 which is my TS Satellite.

I got the old Drake receiver with the old 10' Winegard I used to have up and when I first set everything up and turned on the receiver, I ran up through the channels and there it was. I nudged the dish a little back and forth and it came in fine.

It was beautiful to me, but it is gone now like most of the analog stuff.

I found Dr. Scott second after some direction from Iceberg and the analog KU test card on AMC2 with help from Iceberg. That's when he told me about skew. What a difference it made in the picture quality. :D

My first FTA with my Pansat 3500 was the EWTN mux after I first scanned in G11 on the Pansat.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven. :cool:

I think the first one I saw was "You have a superdish pointed at 105" - since I already had a superdish 105, pointing the P* in the same general direction was a starting point.

First channel I received was NASA (on my old 18" single LNBF D* dish). I quickly purchased a 1 M Channel Master, and my first Ku FTA channels were the Equity channels on G-10R 11720(V).

First channel was the scrambled SNOT on G27 ( I think, I was trying to hit G10) FIrst channel hit ITC was one of the muxes on G10)

First channel ITC on on my cband dish was Shop NBC analog, G10 I think. :)

The Cband NBC east feed that used to be on. I think it was something like Satcom F1 or or something, I remember it was one of the extreme west birds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)