First experience with magnet / color fade

rhasselbaum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
I feel like a part of the club, now. I've had my 522 for a couple of months and just experienced the flickering color / magnet / color fade problem for the first time. It just so happens this is also the first time that a timer kicked in while I was watching a recorded show. Coincidence? Doubt it.

I thought I read somewhere in the forum that there was a workaround when this happens. Is that true? Or do I have to wait for the recording to finish?

HAHA! I've noticed it happening lately pretty often. I've only noticed it like you did - when a timer kicks on or off and you're watching a pre-recorded show.
All I know to do is view live TV and the color comes back, then you can resume your show. Annoying!

I got my 522 on Saturday. Just experienced this problem for the first time a short while ago. I switched to Live Mode and then back to my recorded program and all was fine. Is this just a software bug or a hardware problem?

I pointed this out to one of the guys trying to fix my lost signal problems. He tried to convince me that it was a problem with my TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)