First Look: DISH 381 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Reducing the code base.

Surely you don't believe Dish is still updating the firmware on the 381! IMHO this retirement is ridiculous. They need to get rid of the QPSK receivers FIRST, before getting around to these old fossils which I hear make a pretty decent OTA HD tuner.

Looks like they are methodically cleaning out a bunch of old series boxes.

If there is method in their madness, I fail to see it.

Surely you don't believe Dish is still updating the firmware on the 381! IMHO this retirement is ridiculous. They need to get rid of the QPSK receivers FIRST, before getting around to these old fossils which I hear make a pretty decent OTA HD tuner.

If there is method in their madness, I fail to see it.

Perhaps they want to just have a few receivers and eventually it will only be the 622/722/922/Hopper and 211 in service. By eliminating all the minor receivers from service they save a ton of support money.

Surely you don't believe Dish is still updating the firmware on the 381! IMHO this retirement is ridiculous. They need to get rid of the QPSK receivers FIRST, before getting around to these old fossils which I hear make a pretty decent OTA HD tuner...

I wonder when the last update was?

....If there is method in their madness, I fail to see it.

Perhaps this is backwards. Maybe it's madness in their method.

;)

I have got where I look at the date of the thread start first before I read any further, than go to the last page and tab to the end and back up to the current post. All usually a wast of time because it wasn't worth reading to begin with.
Well the PDF proved when this came out... only had a DVI output for HD. I was wondering why Scott thought this thing was the up and coming Dish receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts