First Look: DishPro Plus 33 Switch

it seems that the dpp33 would be useful in a plus dish sitsuation, but since the plus LNB is new why didnt they make it dpp? that would only make sence. and i guess if you were doing the 1000+ and only had a dpp33 (and also only installing a 211 for the only HD), you could run 110,119 118.7 into the 33 and then add the 129 to the 211 feed with a dp21. but then it's a dp signal and you would need 2 lines if its a dual tuner. wouldn't it be nice if there were a way to do a fss wing dish? a dual lnb that reads fss and not dbs?

it seems that the dpp33 would be useful in a plus dish sitsuation, but since the plus LNB is new why didnt they make it dpp? that would only make sence. and i guess if you were doing the 1000+ and only had a dpp33 (and also only installing a 211 for the only HD), you could run 110,119 118.7 into the 33 and then add the 129 to the 211 feed with a dp21. but then it's a dp signal and you would need 2 lines if its a dual tuner. wouldn't it be nice if there were a way to do a fss wing dish? a dual lnb that reads fss and not dbs?

I understand what you mean, but it doesn't work quite like that. DPP is a switch technology, not an LNBF technology. Since the plus dishes have no integrated switch, they rely on an external switch. For a 500+, the 33 switch would be most valuable, as you wouldn't have to run two lines like you would with a 34 switch. For a 1000+ you need a DPP44 switch. Period. Also, yes you absolutly can use an FSS wing dish. You get a standard 30 inch dish with a stacked FSS lnbf and plug it into the last port of the switch. But these are not things carried by DNS. You would have to get one on your own, or a retailer may have a compatable model.

OLD THREAD:)
Also, yes you absolutly can use an FSS wing dish. You get a standard 30 inch dish with a stacked FSS lnbf and plug it into the last port of the switch. But these are not things carried by DNS. You would have to get one on your own, or a retailer may have a compatable model.
Since legacy LNBF are not compatible with the DPP44 switch, you would need a DishPro or a DishPro compatible LNBF (e.g. SuperDish 121/105, Dish 500+ for 118.7), which are stacked.

However, I guess if someone else makes a "stacked (FSS) LNBF," maybe it would be compatible.
Right off, I do not remember hearing of anyone having one; but several months ago, someone was doing a survey to see if there might be a market for such a LNBF and I made a recommendation that maybe a gadget that converted a regular LNBF to a DP Compatible LNBF might have more benefits.

I'm still waiting on the DPP64 which was rumored the same time as the DPP33, so that I can easily connect 5 birds to 1 622, or maybe 4 722's. :D
(Or was it a DPP66??? :D)

NOTE: I know somewhere it said to use 118.7 on the DPP44 Port 4, but I don't think it is critical, I've used 121 and 118.7 on Port 3 while having 129 or 61.5 on Port 4, with no problems. I don't think it's an issue - EXCEPT when certain receivers are not compatible with 3 & 4 orbital locations and/or using FSS satellites. Having 119 on Port 1 does help with initial setup since Port 1 will pass through as the default.

Last edited:
Would be really nice for those of us in the 61.5 market though. Here in the northeast we have no LOS to 129, so anyone wanting DPP with 61.5, 110, and 119, on more than 3 tuners, needs a DPP44.

More than likely the D1000.2 triple LNB assumed the role
It would help immensely on three orb slot installs. Lots aof int'l chs migrating to 118.7.....this requires the D-500 plus to be installed. Dish will not allow a DPP44 switch to the w/o unless winback gets involved. i really don't have time to spend yaking on the phone with two or three csr's to get one job done..

3 tuners...or 3 dual tuners?

If the latter, once again, the D1K.2 combined with the 61.5 would work

still need a two dish solution. Using a 1k.2 is self defeating.
that sid, the third orbital slot could be conncted to the DPP twin on the D 1k.2. But that application already exists wiht the existing d-500.
Or am I missing something...

The advantage is the fact you CAN have 3 dual-tuners.

Granted, it's still a two-dish solution. But it sure beats having to use a DPP44 switch; I'm not the biggest fan of having a switch, much less one that uses a power inserter.

The advantage is the fact you CAN have 3 dual-tuners.

Granted, it's still a two-dish solution. But it sure beats having to use a DPP44 switch; I'm not the biggest fan of having a switch, much less one that uses a power inserter.
Oh yes it would..But the d-1000.2 costs more money and as such it would take an act of Congress to get one added to a w/o

I understand what you mean, but it doesn't work quite like that. DPP is a switch technology, not an LNBF technology. Since the plus dishes have no integrated switch, they rely on an external switch. For a 500+, the 33 switch would be most valuable, as you wouldn't have to run two lines like you would with a 34 switch. For a 1000+ you need a DPP44 switch. Period. Also, yes you absolutly can use an FSS wing dish. You get a standard 30 inch dish with a stacked FSS lnbf and plug it into the last port of the switch. But these are not things carried by DNS. You would have to get one on your own, or a retailer may have a compatable model.

you can always skew 500+ to 90, and just peak in 118.7 than put it into dpp twin input.

3 tuners...or 3 dual tuners?

If the latter, once again, the D1K.2 combined with the 61.5 would work

3 dual tuners...and the 1000.2 would be fine, but you won't even find any retailers or warehouses or anything around here that have them in stock. Because they're never used.

Yeah, that works too. I did that once with a Superdish when I couldn't get a DPP44 switch approved, and the customer was adament about not having two lines.

one time, customer had 61.5 and he wanted 625 installed with single tuner, so i took idea from Satelliteguys forum. i took input from 61.5 put it on twin+ and put the twin+ behind his reciever and just took jumper cable into the saparater.

one time, customer had 61.5 and he wanted 625 installed with single tuner, so i took idea from Satelliteguys forum. i took input from 61.5 put it on twin+ and put the twin+ behind his reciever and just took jumper cable into the saparater.

Now that's redneck. I like it.:D However, I believe if it was a DP Dual, you may have been able to get away with a 1 port power pass high frequency splitter, since it's just one sat location. That's been known to work well.

Now that's redneck. I like it.:D However, I believe if it was a DP Dual, you may have been able to get away with a 1 port power pass high frequency splitter, since it's just one sat location. That's been known to work well.

thast what the QAS told me when he got that, he was like THATS TRAILER PARK INSTALL. i passed the QA.

Would it be possible to disassemble a dpp twin (perhaps with defective LNBs) and effectively get a dpp33 (or would this be a dpp32?) before it's released as a separate part?

what ever became of this switch? would be perfect when you use a pair of 24 inch or bigger dish's.
I have no idea what became of this switch. I guess they canned it or couldn't get it to work...Who knows
Wasn't it during the '06 Team Summit when they announced the DPP33 and SuperDish Repoint Kit?

Now that the Repoint Kit recently came out, I guess the DPP33 will be out by the '08 Team Summit. :D

EDIT:
We shouldn't forget about the DPP64 either.

Probably the new "MPEG4 Single Dish HD Service" and the new "IPTV Service" is changing the direction of the R&D Department.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)