Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network is releasing a new basic remote control! This new remote should be available within the next week from our friends at DISHstore.NET

The Basic Remote is a simplified remote for DISH Network customers who have difficulty using their full featured remote controls.

The buttons on the new Basic Remote are larger and spaced further apart than on our standard remotes so they are easier to read.

Also, the button layout on the new Basic Remote has been simplified for easy
navigation between commonly used functions.

Plus some buttons that are on other standard DISH remotes have been removed on the Basic Remote, again for simplification - please note that this model remote cannot be used to control other devices, other than simple TV controls.

The new Basic Remote is compatible with model ViP 612, ViP 211, ViP 211k, 512, 411 and 311 receivers.

Attached is the user guide for the new remote. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• Basic Remote User Guide.pdf
    998.9 KB · Views: 1,408
Too bad you can't control a DVD player or (dare I say) VCR. But other than that, it's a good basic remote. It even has the system wizard built-in like the 20.0/21.0 and 32.0 which makes it better.

Yuck. Looks like it was designed tiny hands, not for those with limited dexterity.

One of the best features of the standard remote is the location of the DVR buttons. This looks like a fancier version of the DTV PAL remote.

This is long over due, there are many technology challenged folks that will benefit from this greatly. I recently lost an older couple back to cable because even after a year they still could not "get" the remote and basically all but quit watching tv because of this.

There are not DVR buttons on it. It is not compatable with DVR receviers.

Again... The new Basic Remote is compatible with model ViP 612, ViP 211, ViP 211k, 512, 411 and 311 receivers.

Um, there sure seems to be DVR buttons on it - namely "DVR", "Back", "FWD", "Pause/Play", "Stop" and "Rec". Page #2 of the User Guide outlines the DVR button functions...

Two comments:

1) Eew. No "*" button.

2) Seems to be an IR remote. I'll bet it actually does work on TV1 for the rest of Dish's STB linup, and not just the listed Solo receivers.

I will be ordering about 20,000 of these from the warehouse. There's nothing like installing a VIP 211(k) receiver for Granny Clampett and watching her eyes pop out of her head when she sees all the buttons on the 20.0 remote.

Speaking of which, Dish has just about completely transitioned from all the silver remotes to the 20.0 / 21.0 remotes with their VIP receivers (I'm assuming the 922 still has it's own remote. I haven't seen one in so long.) Even opened up a 622 box the other morning that had the 20.0 and 21.0 remotes.

Last edited:
@ Stardust you should have seen the looks that i use to get installing HZ ATT Dish
unknown-1.jpg

This remote looks Ez but we need one for TV2 without having to use the RF to ir converter.

Sure there is, simply press 0023 to get to 2-3 or 0442 to get to 44-2......
SWEET!!! I'll try it when I get home. Perhaps someone ought to inform the CSR's about this. They are the ones that told me, on more than one occasion, there was no way to directly access sub channels. They told me the only was to go to the primary channel and use the up arrow to access -2, -3, etc. I did discover that if your primary channels are not next to each other, to get to 5-2 you can enter 6. But my favorite is 8-3 and we have a channel 10, so that I could only access 8-2 by entering 9. Great to know there is a direct path to the subs...
THANKS!
Tom

Speaking of which, Dish has just about completely transitioned from all the silver remotes to the 20.0 / 21.0 remotes with their VIP receivers (I'm assuming the 922 still has it's own remote. I haven't seen one in so long.) Even opened up a 622 box the other morning that had the 20.0 and 21.0 remotes.

Yes, all VIP's get 20.0/21.0 remotes now. The Basic Remote is perfect for some, but not for all. I have yet to get my hands on one though. From what I've heard (strictly rumors, nothing guaranteed), they will be adding the "*" and "#" button to the remote.