First Night With Dish Network

You can press the "search" button when you have a show highlighted in the guide or when you are watching a show. The name will be correct for the search, so you then press "select" a couple of times and your search results are on-screen. This is the easiest way to search that I have found.

Thanks!!

OTA is next on the list
You might have locals already, I can't remember - but did you get a chance to hook up the OTA antenna yet? It's nice having another tuner to record/watch from.

And adding a cooling fan is well worth it, in my opinion (since I had a hard-drive die on me in only 8 short months). If you are interested in either and want a recommendation, just ask.

You might have locals already, I can't remember - but did you get a chance to hook up the OTA antenna yet? It's nice having another tuner to record/watch from.

And adding a cooling fan is well worth it, in my opinion (since I had a hard-drive die on me in only 8 short months). If you are interested in either and want a recommendation, just ask.

Yes, hooked up the OTA. Living in the Detroit area of Michigan we do get the Detroit locals. But the OTA does give me RTN, PBS and I get this one mixed up on what its called now becouse I dont watch it alot mytv I think. Also pulls in the OTA channel called "This" movie channel and our local ABC does have s sub channel as well for weather.

Just a quick update, almost a month and so far so good.

The Timeing for me adding Dish was good: Noggin has gone 24/7, New HD added and so far it contiues to go well. Hopefully in future quarters we will start to see Dish gain and keep subs! :)

diplexers

But how do you use a coax cable to connect a receiver on the main floor to a TV on the top floor without going through ceilings or floors? There's no way to do this wirelessly, correct?

When I told the DISH CSR I didn't want to have more holes drilled into my ceiliing and floors and cables snaking through the walls, I was told I could get a dedicated receiver for each TV, but they'd charge me a fee for each receiver. I factored that into my cost analysis.

A diplexer will send the tv2 signal down the same line that is bringing in your sat signal. They work in pairs. If all your wires end up at a junction, all you have to do is put another diplexer at the end of your tv1 signal(at your junction), and hook the coax that goes to tv2 to the vhf/uhf port of the diplexer. No more holes to be drilled. I have had the best luck with the blue holland dpd2 diplexers.

Just a bit of some follow up as I come close to my three months with Dish, after many years with Direct. Its gone well, CSR's have been helpfull, I do enjoy the equipment. It did not take long at all to get used to there equipment. Now Its just time to review programming to see what do I keep after promos. I think I will drop platimum for now and keep HBO. I also have sportspack, I will keep that for the fall for some college football. Platimum, does have some nice channels, but for now dont know if I am watching it enough to justify the 10.00

1 day is not enough time for a fair review of Dish.

Interesting Post however i dont beleive you can give Dish a fair review in 1 day.Directv and Dish are fairly different in How channels are set up and what is available.Dish doesnt have a decent On Demand set up,but I heard Directv has.Directv is more for people into Sports,Dish has more Movie Channels.Other than that each company provides similiar services.However in my experience Directv has more receiver problems than I now have with Dish,(Directv was always freezing up on me)Since i switched over I dont have those issues anymore.Give Dish a few months then come back and review,it will be more informative.

Interesting Post however i dont beleive you can give Dish a fair review in 1 day.Directv and Dish are fairly different in How channels are set up and what is available.Dish doesnt have a decent On Demand set up,but I heard Directv has.Directv is more for people into Sports,Dish has more Movie Channels.Other than that each company provides similiar services.However in my experience Directv has more receiver problems than I now have with Dish,(Directv was always freezing up on me)Since i switched over I dont have those issues anymore.Give Dish a few months then come back and review,it will be more informative.

Actually he did a 3 month follow-up review just about 3 posts above your post and they was quite informative in the post.

actually his post was informative considering the thread was opened by him back in late April and not yesterday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts