first post

Status
Please reply by conversation.

azftahandle

Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
Been a member for a while..reading the posts. I wanted to thank everyone for the informative post. Got my system up and going pretty much glitch free because of all the info on here. :)
Coolsat 5000, xtreme lnb, 30 in dish and motor.... favorite bird is G10r. ...having fun w/blind scan and looking for backhauls.
And thanks for keeping it hack free checking other sites for info all they were talking about is hacking.

Great to have you! I certainly agree with the "hack free" part. I've looked on a bunch of "those" forums too. Seems everyone is more interested in stealing TV than the technological part of it all, which is why I'm here. I'd rather dig up some goodies (that I can't get with cable/D*/E*) and see how much I can get out of my system than "steal" some crappy looking TV (that I can get). There's really not a whole lot of good information or good people...the complete opposite of what we have here. I'm setting up my system now (between work and school it's an ongoing project), and I've already learned a whole lot from just reading the forums here...can't wait till I start pulling in some signals! Good luck with your setup.

Love it, gotta love it when the hackers say "FTA is down" or some crap like that. I was at the local flea market in Ft. Lauderdale where I live and there was 1 little stand full of FTA dishes, receivers and equipment. All the lady kept saying was, "oh yea it's down right now" I'm thinkin, how the hell can it be "down".

Yea, what's down is their ability to hack and crack. It's not worth ruining a perfectly good receiver when you can spend hours scanning the skies and having fun.

techno935 said:
All the lady kept saying was, "oh yea it's down right now" I'm thinkin, how the hell can it be "down".
it is? I'm still watching TV and scanning the skies. When in doubt, the old reliable G10 is always nice to watch :)

It's not worth ruining a perfectly good receiver when you can spend hours scanning the skies and having fun.
so true :)

I found alot of the hack forums in the last few months while looking for FTA stuff and info while I was piecing together my setup. Of course the TRUE Fta sections were seldomly posted in and the ones that did were awful in comparison to the knowledge here.

Plus people here don't try to belittle you cause you are new or asking a question that is trivial to them. Genuine help and support (best of all it's free)

This is the best place for True FTA . Other forums seem populated mostly by 12 year olds .
"When in doubt, the old reliable G10 is always nice to watch"

:)
Something mighty reassuring seeing Andy eat Aunt Bea's pickles !

Besides it has more weekend baseball than my DN sub !

RTN is what sold me on FTA! I thought I would only want G10, but no, 5 months later, and 2 dishes and 4 lnbs later..... I hardly ever watch my Dish sub :)

iafirebuff said:
RTN is what sold me on FTA! I thought I would only want G10, but no, 5 months later, and 2 dishes and 4 lnbs later..... I hardly ever watch my Dish sub :)

Same here. When I saw RTN had old classics like the Wild Wild West, My Three Sons, The Lucy Show(not I Love Lucy), Gomer Pyle USMC, Mission Impossible etc., I was sold right then!
These are all programs I hadn't seen in many years in my area. I knew right then I had to do what it takes to get setup. So luckily for me, old Primestar dishes come a dime a dozen here, so that made it easy. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)