First SuperDISH installed

Thanks RJS.

I think the woman that I had spoken with may have had a "blonde moment" as all dishes mount on a pole of one type or another.

Where I was speaking of mounting to a pole/post, she may have been thinking of the actual arm that the antenna mounts to. ...I hope.

There is no way in hell that I'll let them mount a mast in my yard. ;)

I am picking up the 105 with a 76CM dish and a .6 fss LNB signal levels in low 80's connected to sw-21 with dish 500 quad get all the channels . Waiting for the HD to move. A plus with this setup you don't need the $70.00 dish pro adapter

PZ

The prefered install is on a pole.

However a SuperDISH can be mounted on the side of a house or even on a roof, just extra care is needed to make sure the Dish is securely attached to the roof or house to handle the wind load.

I am sure a retailer would not want to pay for new siding on the side of someones house because they did not securely mount the dish to the side of someones house. :D

I am going to be installing the SuperDishes on poles for the most part. I have even been installing more Dish 500's on poles than what I used to. Sometimes its easier to do that than to find a place to mount it somewhere.

Two DISH guys were at my house today (6000 install) and looked at the pole I dropped a week ago. They said it would be a-OK. They were just trained on the Superdish. But they also said since the CT locals won't be on 105, SD's in CT won't happen all that much for quite a while.

And they repeated the "No Roof Install" edict I've heard elsewhere. I asked if that was 100% and they said 99%. If there is no other way, they will go on a roof with the SD.

It is possible to put them on the roof or the side of a house or building, it is just a last resort and some installers may choose to not install them at all if that is the only way of getting in the signal.

SuperDish

Hi Scott

Thanks for the pictures of your install. I am more interested in the Directv dish that you have next to the Super Dish.

Do you know how to get 129 with the 119/110 signal hooked up on one dish?

I keep thinking Primestar when I look at those pictures, lol. Thats what other retailers told me, that it was Primestar all over again.

RJS, how big is your Superdish? My brother lives in Cottage Grove and is looking at getting satellite. The dealer he called told him the dish is 26 inches wide, not 36. I'm just curious if Madison locals going to 121 on a more powerful sat mean a smaller dish than they originally planned on.

My dish is the metal one. It is 34" across. I understand which dish you get is determined by your location. Some get the plastic dish that is 36".

Maybe they need the larger dish because of poorer reception. If your brother gets a 26" dish it would mean there is a third version. I don't think there is.

When Dish Network was still testing Superdish there was talk of 26" being the size. It could be that your brothers installer has this confused with the final product.

Scott, from the pictures it looks like your dish even adjusts a little different than mine. Yours has a scale on the back of the dish whereas mine simply has the up/down angle and side to side adjustment.

Thanks RJS, I didn't think there were three versions. The dealer must have mistaken the size of the dish and I'm not sure when he talked to the dealer, I just know I talked to my brother on Thanksgiving.

jerryez said:
Scott, It really looks good, but I think you need to mow your grass. ha,ha.
He says that he has a dish on the roof. How many LNB's do you see in his pictures... With all the channels he must have, and the time it must take just to surf through all of those channels, plus all his work for the satelliteguys website, how do you think he finds time to mow the grass? Just kidding!

Install was easy once I did it myself.

Since the Superdish was soooo... new the installers were not up to speed on the install. Needless to say I didn't get a usable signal (they never read the directions). I went up got a better signal than they did, and life was great for about a week.

The problem now is the locals are locking on transponder 19 for the 121 satellite, and it should be 01, 21, etc.

What transponder should be used for the Milwaukee Market, and how do I get the receiver to grab another transponder? I tried testing the swithch and changing it to 01, or 21 (my peak signals), but they stay at 19.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)