First time ftaer and having some troubles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Glad

Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Hi, I just got a coolsat pro 4000 receiver and a stab hh90 rotor with a 33 in ku lnb 11.7-12.2 lo freq 10.75. Now I understand with the rotor you have to find your true south and acquire signal first there. The closest satellite to my true south would be Anik F2 at 111 I'm in Camrose alberta (near Edmonton). Now it says to find your longtitude and latitude which I looked up and is 53,1 112,50. For the rotor it says to adjust inclination to my latitude which I did and using satfinder program it says my elevation for the dish should be 29. So I'm pretty sure I set up the dish correctly.

In the coolsat menu I set it to universal lnb under Anik F2 Lo freq 10750 I get the first freq 11.831 ghz at 80 level 60 quality but I only get a couple other freq. I noticed when I changed the LO to 10600 I got a couple different freq but not the freq I got with 10750 Btw it seems the one's I'm not locking on to have a quality of 30 or so. Is this problem dish size related

Also I tried changing the sat to T5 and I didn't get a lock so I changed from usals to disecq 1.2 and moved the dish over a bit and I got a lock on one freq but not on the rest.

One of the things I was wondering is if a twisted dish would cause problems like this, I looked at the dish and it seems okay.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks for your reply, was just checking my installation and the pole although on the one side is square, on the other side where the dish is the dish is pulling the pole forwards. Should I get another pole or will it affect it all that much on the one side?

Also do you know if the preprogrammed frequencies in the cool sat pro 4000 are correct, I mean is that why I am locking on to some frequencies and not others?

Also how do you enter a symbol rate if lets say it was number 8 do you enter it as 8.000 in the menu? If you do a blind scan it should pick all this up correct?

Sorry these are really newbie questions and I found the thread on how to understand lyngsat but I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

I do not have a Coolsat : (

The pole has to be exactly plumb and level or your alinement will be out slightly. Five minutes spent here can save you five hours of grief down the road. I fill all my ground mounted poles with cement and that really helps with any flex, I also take into account the weight of the dish and motor when installing (but that may be over kill).

I would use Blind scan, that way the receiver will do the work for you and find all the FTA channels.

Glad said:
Also do you know if the preprogrammed frequencies in the cool sat pro 4000 are correct, I mean is that why I am locking on to some frequencies and not others?

Also how do you enter a symbol rate if lets say it was number 8 do you enter it as 8.000 in the menu? If you do a blind scan it should pick all this up correct?

Some of the preprogramed frequencies are outdated so don't be too concerned. Forget the decimal when entering the symbol rate - just enter the numbers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)