First time "mover." Need help/advice.

circusburn

Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I had Dish HD installed this week; unfortunately, there are no local HD channels available in mid-Missouri. I'd like to get Kansas City HD locals; they're on sat. 129, one of the three sats I get.

Do I just call the main Dish number and tell them I moved, dish is installed, please change my service address and turn on local HD channels? I have relatives in KC, so if they would ever mail something, I'd get it eventually. Already paying with autopay.

I also assume they'll drop my local SD channels, meaning I'll have to get an antenna to pick those up?

Any other suggestions/advice? Thanks!

When I did it, I just called and said that I need to change my service address.
They asked for a new phone number, so I gave them a cell number.
The CSR told me that I had to take the Dallas locals, that I would lose the ones here. I didn't even have to ask about that.
If they don't bring it up, I'd say something like "can you make sure I get the local stations I should have?"

I would not give them your relatives' address, as that may burn the relative if/when they ever decide to signup to dish - no more "first time deals" for them. Instead, makeup an address that you know doesn't exist (use mapquest/google earth or something similar to get an idea of what addresses might exist and then make one that doesn't fall ontop of an existing address)

Hmm... I've read in other "move" threads that it's good to give a real address to fall back on in case they ever would send something. I'll make sure to tell them to keep the billing address the same and keep the same cell phone number.

It's pretty unlikely that the relatives would ever switch to Dish; they have a pretty good all-in-one TV/internet/phone bundle with their cable provider.

I would not give them your relatives' address, as that may burn the relative if/when they ever decide to signup to dish - no more "first time deals" for them.
If they ever did decide to sign up for Dish (assuming the OP wasn't using their address anymore for locals) wouldn't they be considered new customers anyway? The people that owned my house before me had Dish and I signed up for Dish as a new customer at the same address.

If they ever did decide to sign up for Dish (assuming the OP wasn't using their address anymore for locals) wouldn't they be considered new customers anyway? The people that owned my house before me had Dish and I signed up for Dish as a new customer at the same address.
I was more concerned that the relative might have the same last name, which would be a problem for the relative when/if they switch to dish.
As far as dish sending something to the address, not sure what they'd ship to you at the service address that they wouldn't ship to the billing address by default anyhow.

Have seen a few instances where Dish (by mistake) shipped to the service address after a request was to ship to billing.

Probably doesn't happen often-- but if it did----big problems

If address is a friend or relative it provides a contingency. Thats where the the apt #A or Apt #2 could come in handy. Relatives with a "duplex" that they share??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)