First timer questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

packman95

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I have never had satellite before and made the decision to go with Dish network after a lot of research and thought. they are coming out to my house on Saturday. Is there any questions I need to ask or things that i need to make sure they do? I went with the HD silver package. All help and direction to make sure that this is a smooth process would be greatly appreciated. One does not know the headache's my wife and I went through with charter!!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

Not sure how to check the signal streght from a certain sat. but i do now that the signal strength that appeared when the system was loading was 109. If i can figure it out i will let you know how to check the strenght from each sat.

kdg454 said:
On the new 1000+ antenna, my 129 signal is now 80-85, up from 60-65 on the regular 1000.
Packman95 is in NC, so it will be interesting to see what he is gets off 129 compared to you in MO.

My Nashville HD LIL off 129 TP13 are cycling through a range of 78 - 92 during a half hour period in good weather using a Dish 500 and a 622 DVR.

Last edited:
I just checked my signal strength. It is pretty cloudy here today, i am not sure how much that has to do with it but here are the results.

100 94-104
119 104-106
129 72-75

Let me know what i have to look forward to.

Also i have been playing with my reciever and switched it from comp. to a HDMI cable, and to tell you the truth i think it looked better with the comp cable is this something that others have found or i crazy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)