First weather outage experienced

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smakovits

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
All I can say is that I did not like it. This weekend was the first time that weather caused me to not be able to watch certain channels. From the looks of it, it was mostly HD content. In Cleveland we had some storms over the weekend and there were a few times that the signal dropped. It was not for a super long time, but it was on off for while during the rain. Here I was thinking I might be invincible because 4ft of snow didnt stop anything, but boy was I ever wrong.

I guess the most aggravating thing is the message about searching for satellite because I couldnt make it go away. Like hey, ok, I get it, the weather is effecting this channel, let me change to another. Instead, I had to go to the DVR, start a recorded program and then go out to a channel that was on the antenna. Then the TV came is since it was non-sattelite, and from there I got to test ht ewaters as to what channel I want to go to. What gives, is there any easier way to deal with outages like this?

I think it is the 129, I believe it is my weakest signal to begin with on a dish 1000.2 (not certain on the dish but I think this is it), so it is no wonder the storm will kill it, but if I could just avoid the stupid screen I get stuck on when the signal is out, life would be much easier. Is there a cure, or am I stuck going the route of my DVR and then back to normal programming?

thanks

Kudos, it looks like you found a workaround to break out of the error message. I bet a lot of people just sit there cussing when they can't figure a way to get it to go away.

129 is crap, Cleveland locals are on 110 and the HD locals are on 61.5. All national content on 129 is also on 61.5. Call Dish and get them to point you at 61.5 and get rid of the crappy 129, that will help a lot. The second dish should be free too, since your HD local channels are available now. Check channel 75 for the special number to call. There will still be occasional rain fade but not nearly as much.

Very similar to what I had go on this weekend. Most often I lost 110/110 first. No big whoop...just get into the program guide via MENU (you can't hit simply hit GUIDE whenever you have an error message) and select a channel that you know is coming in off the 61.5. Once the storm hits the SE/61.5, simply repeat the process and select a channel on either 110 or 119.

I don't know where you are around town, but 61.5 was no better at my house, just NE of the airport. It was the longest outage I had since moving here.

But by all means get 61.5, as that's where our HD locals are. Especially given the puny WKYC and WOIO put out.

I don't know where you are around town, but 61.5 was no better at my house, just NE of the airport. It was the longest outage I had since moving here.

But by all means get 61.5, as that's where our HD locals are. Especially given the puny WKYC and WOIO put out.

That's rather odd. Even when I lived in North Canton, my 61.5 wing ALWAYS came in stronger (10 points or more!) than the 129. Even if the signal strength is the same, I still stand by my original idea of flip-flopping birds during a localized t-storm. Short of Dorothy and Toto blowing by (and during those types of circumstances I would hope you're powering things down...yes?), you can work your way around a storm.

If I went through Dishstore to get Dish, do I call them to coordinate getting a 61.5 dish? Or do I go directly to dish, or to that special number on 75

IF you go to menu-> guide you can get to the program guide to select any channel on the 622 alot easier than starting a dvr event.

Very similar to what I had go on this weekend. Most often I lost 110/110 first. No big whoop...just get into the program guide via MENU (you can't hit simply hit GUIDE whenever you have an error message) and select a channel that you know is coming in off the 61.5. Once the storm hits the SE/61.5, simply repeat the process and select a channel on either 110 or 119.
That works only if you get the accuarring sat sig. That other error will let you get nowhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)