First weeks impressions of my 522

jcanavera

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
First week's impressions of my 522

Well its not quite a week since I installed a new 522 in place of my 508, which was moved to retire my original model 5000 unit.

First impressions of the 522 are mixed. The biggest complaint so far is the soft picture on TV 1. I'm using an S video hookup to my 52" Mitsubishi TV. I thought it was my eyes but my wife also noticed that the picture isn't as clear as to what the 508 delivered to the same TV. It was especially evident when I played back the Charlie Chat that I had recorded earlier. On the far shot of the set at the program opening, the faces of Charlie and Jim were almost blurred.

Also noted twice during the play back was the momentary pixilation freeze that has been spoken about in other threads.

I'm probably going to have think about this for a bit, but I just might religate the 522 for bedroom use on the smaller glass TV's and move the 508 back to the big screen.

Jack

jcanavera said:
Well its not quite a week since I installed a new 522 in place of my 508, which was moved to retire my original model 5000 unit.

First impressions of the 522 are mixed. The biggest complaint so far is the soft picture on TV 1. I'm using an S video hookup to my 52" Mitsubishi TV. I thought it was my eyes but my wife also noticed that the picture isn't as clear as to what the 508 delivered to the same TV. It was especially evident when I played back the Charlie Chat that I had recorded earlier. On the far shot of the set at the program opening, the faces of Charlie and Jim were almost blurred.

Also noted twice during the play back was the momentary pixilation freeze that has been spoken about in other threads.

I'm probably going to have think about this for a bit, but I just might religate the 522 for bedroom use on the smaller glass TV's and move the 508 back to the big screen.

Jack

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that the Charlie Chat isn't the best program to judge PQ with.

jeffwtux said:
I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that the Charlie Chat isn't the best program to judge PQ with.

No doubt about that, but I've never seen it that bad. Its pretty evident on everything else too that something is different. I just may move the 508 back temporarily and tune to the same channel and do a little cable swaping to confirm my thoughts.

Jack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)