"Fish at Nite". Can Dish update their Demo HD channel?

jergenf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
The Demo channel 9443 is still showing the same program since 2002. They're introducing the PSK module for the model 6000 as the latest information. They should be displaying more current stuff like today's receivers and latest news on the channels they offer. At least change the program once a year.

Is there anyway to persuade DN to update because it's in their best interest?

I don't think any retailers use it anymore so I dunno why they still loop it. Either dish puts some in house HD on it, or can it. I do like that they show the fish at night, even though it has the ads.

That would be awesome if Dish upgraded their studio and showed charlie chats on it :D

How about dumping the channel and add another HD channel. Although, the fish are nice, but the should go to one of the Ripley's Aquarius and get new fish to show

BFG said:
I don't think any retailers use it anymore so I dunno why they still loop it. Either dish puts some in house HD on it, or can it. I do like that they show the fish at night, even though it has the ads.

That would be awesome if Dish upgraded their studio and showed charlie chats on it :D

Sears in Scranton, PA loops it.

How about this? Fish in the morning, a waterfall in the afternoon, and a fireplace at night. They could call it "The Mood Channel". :D

LabHD (aka MOOV) is one of the VOOM originals which E* still doesn't carry. They show a lot of "screen saver" content including TankHD which is essentially the same as the Dish demo channel (the aquarium).

bnaivar said:
How about this? Fish in the morning, a waterfall in the afternoon, and a fireplace at night. They could call it "The Mood Channel". :D

I LIKE this idea. Just ditch the ads.

Bring back Lab from Voom and slap a Dish Network logo in the corner. Voila! Instantly more interesting for next to nothing.

And Lab did have a show called "Tank" that was a bunch of different fish tanks, very cool. And "Space," which was just added before Voom died, was shots from the Hubble and Mars and such from Nasa. Way cool, but very low key.

Dish would be smart to cycle 15 minute segments of a "mirror" of some of their HD channels to the demo channel.

That way they're not using much bandwidth (I don't think mirroring uses bandwidth); they're giving viewers a sample of what they have; 15 minutes of a real show just might get a viewer enticed enough to call in and sign up just to see the rest of the show.

BFG said:

That HD Demo channel is my 2 year old son's favorite channel. He always tells me "Watch Nemo, daddy!" (to him, every fish is "Nemo") So, That channel ends up being on in our house pretty regularly. :D

jergenf said:
The Demo channel 9443 is still showing the same program since 2002. They're introducing the PSK module for the model 6000 as the latest information. They should be displaying more current stuff like today's receivers and latest news on the channels they offer. At least change the program once a year.

Is there anyway to persuade DN to update because it's in their best interest?
It isn't compelling content anymore. They could put their, "Clock Channel" on it as it would be just as blah.

Is this channel available to all Dish HD subscribers ?

I tried 9443 but nothings there .

Is the channel different in California ? In the Santa Clara , area ?

I'm interested to see the aquarium thing.

Thanks .

johnnnybrauvo said:
Is this channel available to all Dish HD subscribers ?

I tried 9443 but nothings there .

Is the channel different in California ? In the Santa Clara , area ?

I'm interested to see the aquarium thing.

Thanks .
Yes, you need to have a Dish HD receiver and an dish aimed at 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts