Fisher Communications Channels are BACK on Dish!

KBCI (Boise, ID) HD

Since Fisher has been offline Boise, ID HD locals have been added ... Anyone know if KBCI HD will be lit up? I only see SD by the uplink report ...

Fisher station KVAL in Eugene was removed before the other network stations became offered in Hi-DEF. So while KVAL is back, it is only in SD at this time. Hopefully it will be in Hi-DEF soon. :confused:

I checked KVAL last nite at 12:33 am (the last two minutes of Letterman) and it was in High Def........ It's just that it doesn't say HD on the Dish programming guide.

Everyone can speculate as to which side blinked first. Truth is, we'll never know.

Fisher could have blinked because of the AAD Distants possibility.

Charlie could have blinked because he knew giving distants to customers on retrans disputes is illegal. Maybe Charlie is starting to realize these legal fees are killing the bottom line of the business.

Again, we can speculate all we want. We'll NEVER know.

Fisher caved. Charlie was not going to give one penny more...... you can keep thinking you don't know.............:D

Do you have two KVAL mapdowns on 13 like the other locals do to their respective numbers? I don't, and all KVAL programming is SD. And neither did the uplink report include KVAL HD . Also do you have channel 5251 as well? If so, I'll do a checkswitch.

I checked KVAL last nite at 12:33 am (the last two minutes of Letterman) and it was in High Def........ It's just that it doesn't say HD on the Dish programming guide.

I was the one who called May's Charlie Chat asking about progress with Fisher. They transferred me several times and seemed reluctant to put me on. After waiting a long time, I finally got on and rather than answering directly he went into a big explanation of the whole issue and finally stated that there was nothing new to report.

This time, the very first call was about Fisher and he seemed to be eager point out that there appeared to be no resolution in the near future, then, as you indicate, announced that AAD would be able to sign you up on the 13th to receive networks unavailable due to the dispute. Methinks that answer and subsequent comments were aimed directly at Fisher which apparently achieved the desired result.

I think this is funny. We saw Charlie the other night talk about Fisher, his body language and words chosen was pretty much saying "When hell freezes over they will be back." Now a couple of days later they are back? Hmmm..... did the AAD Distants have something to do with this? I 100% believe so! They saw that...checked the laws, and said "Damn! We better get our retransmission money."

I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a few contracts signed in the next week.

Do you have two KVAL mapdowns on 13 like the other locals do to their respective numbers? I don't, and all KVAL programming is SD. And neither did the uplink report include KVAL HD . Also do you have channel 5251 as well? If so, I'll do a checkswitch.

No, I don't have two KVAL mapdowns nor 5251 just the one 13 mapdown in the programming guide which is not marked in the blue area on the left as HD like the other locals are.

But as I said I clicked on the one I do have early this morning and Letterman was in HD. I think the reason you are not seeing any HD today on it is because KVAL doesn't have any HD programming on during the afternoon. Check later tonite during prime time and see if the programming is in HD.

Well hell........ the CBS news in on KVAL now and on dish its in SD...... getting it in HD off air......so I dunno now lol

Well, we get OTA KVAL via analog translator that isn't going away anytime soon since it doesn't have to, so Dish is the only HD available. My sense is that Dish would list KVALHD and downmap it as they do the other locals in HD.

West Lane Translators hadn't ordered the new equipment according to what they said at the last meeting I attended; they were trying to get their new building wired for power.

BTW I received an automated phone call from Dish announcing the return of KVAL, so I called Dish and was told that since the other 3 networks were in HD, that they would probably try to get KVAL in HD asap.

Well hell........ the CBS news in on KVAL now and on dish its in SD...... getting it in HD off air......so I dunno now lol

We'll all know who caved when the 10k's come out for each company. They have to list in the 10k's an outline of what the result of the whole spat was. Keep speculating until then. Once the quarterlies are out, we'll all have a better idea.

Here is the official posting I saw at KATU in Portland. Looks like ADD might have got them to get back to the table finally!!!

DISH Network and Fisher Communications, Inc. Reach Multi-Year Carriage Agreement
Fisher Stations Return to DISH Network
ENGLEWOOD, CO and SEATTLE, WA, Jun 11, 2009 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and Fisher Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: FSCI) today announced that they have reached a multi-year agreement that provides for the distribution of Fisher stations in seven markets on DISH Network. As part of the agreement, ongoing litigation between the two companies was ended.
"We are pleased we were able to reach an agreement with Fisher to return these channels to our subscribers," said Charlie Ergen, Chairman, President and CEO of DISH Network. "We thank our customers for their patience during this negotiation process."

"We recognize the important role that we play in the community through our news and programming and we are pleased to renew our partnership with DISH Network, which will allow us to continue serving our local viewers and customers," said Colleen B. Brown, Fisher's President and Chief Executive Officer. "We truly appreciate the patience of our loyal viewers and business partners and regret any inconvenience they may have encountered as we worked to put this new agreement in place."

The Fisher stations that returned to DISH Network are: KOMO and KUNS in Seattle, Wash.; KATU and KUNP in Portland, Ore.; KIMA in Yakima, Wash.; KVAL in Eugene, Ore.; KBCI in Boise, Idaho; KIDK in Idaho Falls, Idaho; and KBAK and KBFX in Bakersfield, Calif. DISH Network restored the service to their customers at 10:25 p.m. PST on June 10.

About DISH Network Corporation

DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation's HD leader, provides approximately 13.584 million satellite TV customers as of March 31, 2009 with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the DuoDVR(TM) ViP(R) 722 DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine "Editors' Choice." DISH Network is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 250 company. Visit Satellite Television - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557.

About Fisher Communications

Fisher Communications, Inc. is a Seattle-based communications company that owns and operates 13 full power television stations (including a 50%-owned television station), 7 low power television stations and 8 radio stations in the Western United States. The Company owns and operates Fisher Pathways, a satellite and fiber transmission provider; and Fisher Plaza, a media, telecommunications, and data center facility located near downtown Seattle. For more information about Fisher Communications, Inc., go to Fisher Communications, Inc.

Contacts:

DISH Network Corporation
Kathie Gonzalez
720-514-5351
Email Contact

Fisher Communications, Inc.
Sard Verbinnen & Co.
Paul Kranhold or Ron Low
415-618-8750
SOURCE: Fisher Communications, Inc.

Well, we get OTA KVAL via analog translator that isn't going away anytime soon since it doesn't have to, so Dish is the only HD available.

Ya, I receive my OTA via translators also but i am lucky cuz our translators switched from analog to digital about a month ago so we receive about 19 channels and sub channels from Eugene and Medford in HD.

Methinks that answer and subsequent comments were aimed directly at Fisher which apparently achieved the desired result.
Charlie didn't even have to 'come to the table' like Fisher was posting all over that they wanted him to do.

It's funny that Fisher put up this big site 'onlycharlieknows' and made a fuss about the issue, but Charlie didn't do the same. Methinks you are right on here (and I'm happy you use the word 'methinks').

KBCI (CBS) is refusing to deliver signal to you after demanding unreasonable contract terms. Please call 866-306-4611 for more information.
I wonder what the new contract terms are...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)