Fixed C-Band dish....what satellite is it normally aimed at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just a fun question for the folks with a fixed C-Band dish

What satellite is it normally aimed at?

mine is mainly at G4/G16 for the nets (that's where its parked when done) but sometimes it gerts moved to IA5 or G3 for feeds

I don't have a fixed C-band dish, but what I have, one is usually on G1 for my 4dtv subscription (movies). My other one is all over the place, for C-band backhauls (mostly HD).
Now then, I remember, back in the late 80's early 90's, they used to sell a G5 package for VCII programming with a fixed dish, for what was a reasonable price for that time period.

Al

Edit: I used to keep my 4dtv mostly on G9, when Encore was HD, but since they dropped it, it stays on G1 mostly. I'll never understand why Starz dropped Encore HD, when it was so much better than Starz HD, or any other HD movie channel I've seen up till now.

Last edited:
Now then, I remember, back in the late 80's early 90's, they used to sell a G5 package for VCII programming with a fixed dish, for what was a reasonable price for that time period.
Radio Shack use to sell a 5 foot dish & simple reciever for that purpose. Was desinged for the "cable" channels :)

sorry for butting in a fixed dish thread!

G5 here is my favorite and only i really need. G1 when im not home for wife and daughter. Out of all that exist in analog, i sub to 23 out of the possible 24 subscribable analog channels, i am also including E! which is shown as a sub channel in skyvision mag but don't know if i ever asked for it. Fox News is listed as 4dtv, but i get it in analog. I didn't count the freebies. Out of at least 12 full time free channels, half are Church and Sales.

Last edited:
Parking Space

I park on Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W.

My offset ku LNB gets AMC 4 at 101.0°W at the exact same spot, works good for me.

Ice...

To be honest, most around here are parked on G5 for that basic package they used to offer, however mine personally, gets a damn good workout daily anywhere from AMC 8 to Pas 9!! I am forever scanning, but if you want to know the one I leave it on mostly would be G1 for the movies or G5 for the analog Turner's or W3 for the networks.

For FTA, G4 all the way!!

Radio Shack use to sell a 5 foot dish & simple reciever for that purpose. Was desinged for the "cable" channels :)

Are you sure about the size? Only once have I even installed a dish as small as 6' in the Washington, DC area. I remember Radio Shack having a 9' movable dish with a horizon-to-horizon mount. I think the receiver they packaged it with might have been branded Memorex.

positive.
I remember seeing them in the catalog on late 93 when I started there. I checked the Radio Shack website and here is a PIC of accessories and one is a 5 foot dish.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 277
IA 6/G26 whenever there is a NBA or MLB game. G3 on the weekends before 4 for college basketball. G16 on Wednesday nights at 10. Any downtime between those scenarios then it's usually on G16. It was on G16 yesterday to start and then moved to G3 for the Seton Hall game in the afternoon and now it's back on G16 since there's no NBA games tonight on G26.

Right now mine is not aimed at anything and I have to fix it : (

Last night we had some pretty sustained winds of 30+ mph and all of a sudden I heard a THUD. Yep, dish fell off the 30” table it sits on. Even with the 70 pound sandbag on it the winds were too much. Fell forward onto the deck on its side. Dented one piece of the dish. Punched it and that popped back into place. I haven’t hooked it back up but the arms and the dish look like it’s in good shape. The edge on that side was all bent but I don’t think that affects anything. So right now its sitting on the deck aimed at the house to protect from the winds.

Last night when I was out running a cable I though “maybe I should bolt the front of the “O” ring down but haven’t done that yet

Guess I’ll do that tonight.

Yesterday I checked my 10' that was last on G5 for the G5 pack I subbed to last fall... it was on AMC 11 (I haven't checked it in a long time)with the west winds we have I figured if anything it would be off to the east... I would put it on G4/16 but thats right on the pivot point and the 20+ year mounts have a little slop...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)