Fixed dish bang for the buck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Katrinasucks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Assuming a fixed 36" or 1M dish, how wide an arc could it effectively cover with multiple (Ku) LNBs?

My sister should be getting her FEMA trailer this week but the cable company says they won't have service restored in her area for about 6 months. I have a few fixed dishes that I could give her so all she would have to buy is a receiver.

In a perfect world I'd like: 97W, 93W and 87W.

So the basic 2 questions are, how wide can a regular dish cover and the second question is, can you guys think of a better place to put a fixed dish. (other than G10R)

If you can do multiple dishes, I would shoot for SBS6 (74W)
WB & ABC from Nawlins :D

It is possible to put multiple LNB’s on a fixed dish. But unless you get the absolute focal point, the signal will be low. AMC3 is tough as it is (at least it is here in MN) with a 30”

Check out www.global-cm.net (Mike Kohl’s site) about multiple LNB’s

I use to have 95, 91, 87 and 105 on a DirecPC dish (91 was DBS). 87 only got the real strong stuff.

The bigger the dish, the more LNBFs you can install on it. However, keep in mind that the LNBF will have to be installed at different heights and focal distances to compensate for the clarke belt and LNBF skew. It all depends on your longitude, latitude, and the satellites you select.

I would recommend the 1M dish. You should be able to get around 20 degrees arc range just fine.

So maybe 93 and 97 on a 40" primestar dish? If you have enought then put up three or four.

Katrinasucks said:
Assuming a fixed 36" or 1M dish, how wide an arc could it effectively cover with multiple (Ku) LNBs?

My sister should be getting her FEMA trailer this week but the cable company says they won't have service restored in her area for about 6 months. I have a few fixed dishes that I could give her so all she would have to buy is a receiver.

In a perfect world I'd like: 97W, 93W and 87W.

So the basic 2 questions are, how wide can a regular dish cover and the second question is, can you guys think of a better place to put a fixed dish. (other than G10R)

I would recommend a Wave Frontier T-90, but you're dealing with a beast of a shipping box and extra money for each LNBF you install.

Well, LNBFs are cheap enough these days, but the shipping on a T-90 will kill you...

Shipping a T90 will run $75+ :mad:

Look how big the box compared to the T55

Attachments

• Toroidal-dishes.jpg
    Toroidal-dishes.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 215
Sadoun said:
Shipping a T90 will run $75+ :mad:
Look how big the box compared to the T55

Is that a picture of Mr. Sadoun himself?
Back on topic, that T-90 is huge.

SatinKzo said:
Is that a picture of Mr. Sadoun himself?
Back on topic, that T-90 is huge.

Not very big at all, i wish they would have made a T120 or T150 also as the T90 is way too small in Europe for some birds.

This T-90 talk reminds me that I have to secure another NPRM and install mine someday :) I got it locally from someone who was going to get into FTA and lost interest. It will find a good home here :)

I am new having View Sat vs2000 extreme. I have two dish one small and one big. Small is working But big one that is 30" inch size having fortec Star model:- FSKU-V (universal) LNB I want to take 61.5 W singnal But dish is not showing any activity.I did all Thing . But no any type activity
Please help me.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts