Flaky 622 Reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msticker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 15, 2006
Houston, TX
Has anyone experienced this problem and/or know what might be the cause.
I have a 622 and Dish 1000. There is one twin LNB and one single LNB. Two or three weeks ago I started experiencing spotty reception where it goes to the searching for satellite screen time after time and every so often the check switch screen comes on. The interesting thing is this only happens on one TV (most often TV1). For example, if the same channel is on on TV1 and TV2 in dual mode, only one of the TVs loses signal. It is also intermittent, in that it can go for a day with no problems then start doing it again. It seems to affect satellites 110 and 129 but not 119, but that could be just the channels I watch more often. Dish sent out a service tech last Saturday who told me that one of the LNBs felt too warm so he changed it out. He also commented on the RG-59 cable that Dish tied into when I replaced Cable with Dish a couple of years ago. He also pointed out a tree that he said could be blocking the view of the satellite. (If the tree is a problem, how do you explain that TV2 can be working perfectly while TV1 is searching for a satellite while watching the same channel.)

I had similar problems when I first replaced my 942 with a 622 earlier this year. The Check Switch screen over and over again. A tech came out and replaced LNBs and some connectors but that didn't fix the problem. A new 622 was sent to me and that worked well for months until the recent problems.

Anyway, everything went well for a day or so after the Tech left on Saturday, then the problem started happening again so changing out the LNB wasn't the answer. Any thoughts?

Maybe the input separator

Has anyone experienced this problem and/or know what might be the cause.
I have a 622 and Dish 1000. There is one twin LNB and one single LNB. Two or three weeks ago I started experiencing spotty reception where it goes to the searching for satellite screen time after time and every so often the check switch screen comes on. The interesting thing is this only happens on one TV (most often TV1). For example, if the same channel is on on TV1 and TV2 in dual mode, only one of the TVs loses signal. It is also intermittent, in that it can go for a day with no problems then start doing it again. It seems to affect satellites 110 and 129 but not 119, but that could be just the channels I watch more often. Dish sent out a service tech last Saturday who told me that one of the LNBs felt too warm so he changed it out. He also commented on the RG-59 cable that Dish tied into when I replaced Cable with Dish a couple of years ago. He also pointed out a tree that he said could be blocking the view of the satellite. (If the tree is a problem, how do you explain that TV2 can be working perfectly while TV1 is searching for a satellite while watching the same channel.)

I had similar problems when I first replaced my 942 with a 622 earlier this year. The Check Switch screen over and over again. A tech came out and replaced LNBs and some connectors but that didn't fix the problem. A new 622 was sent to me and that worked well for months until the recent problems.

Anyway, everything went well for a day or so after the Tech left on Saturday, then the problem started happening again so changing out the LNB wasn't the answer. Any thoughts?

Maybe a bad input separator that goes between tuner 1 & 2. Try switching the 2 leads coming out of it and see if problem switches to other tuner.

You need to get rid of the RG-59 cable and replace it with RG-6. Have seen this alot on service calls. A 622 is gotta be even worse as it is all DPP equipment which is all higher frequency than Rg-59 can handle.

I was wondering about the RG-59 but I can't figure out how one TV would continue to see a channel while one was searching for the satellite. By the way, although it affects TV1 most often, it sometimes will affect TV2 while not affecting TV1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts