Flat Cable & HD Signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SBacklin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2008
I was told flat cable is not good for HD signals. I was previously using flat cable so I can have them run through windows. The flat cables were not bent I just used them along with weather stripping so I can close the windows enough and not have cold air coming in while at the same time not bending the flat cables by closing the window completely. I wanted some input on that from you guys.

That was carrying HD signals? The installer was telling me that the HD signals are at a higher frequency and thus tend to dissipate more quickly. I am wondering if he thought that I had the windows completely which would have bent the cables and cause problems. However like I said the windows were not closed completely and the flat cables ran straight through and I used weather stripping to seal the opening in the window. Could he have been talking about interference since I don't think the cables have any protection?

If the total cable runs are short they will be fine but I would suggest having extras on hand in case they do fail. They do have a "HD Rated" flat cable but I have yet to see a difference in failure.

I have a friend we setup using one, running about 50' total coax, with a flat cable after a length of about 10' from the lnb, and it's working fine.

Signals on 99 and 103 all around 95. Best dish-in-a-bucket I ever did :)

He ordered two on ebay, so he has a spare if it dies (nobody locally sold them).

I'd recomend anyone else do the same, get two and save a spare.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)