Flat coax cable to multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hilarious01

Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hello,
I know there are issues of durability with the flat coax cables, since my placement of them are in a place where durability will not be an issue my questions comes to safety. I'm going to be connecting this to a 4x16 multiswich (the flat cables are between my dish and multiswitch) where it will be connected. Is there a safety issue here? Not sure exactly how much juice gets sent back to the LNB's. I know DTV does not do flat cable anymore and some say due to the durability and some say due to an accident that happen (possibly a fire). Not interested in starting any fires here, so does anyone know the details? Appreciate any help.

why is it so imporant to use flat cable from dish to switch?

i stopped using flat cables. at my own apt doesnt allow dishes.. i convinced them to use a non-penetrating mount and i pinched the cable into my patio door. as long as i dont open and shut the door, it wont hurt nothing. besides i can replace the cable anytime as i got the resources.

flat cables are still very much in use as long as you use the correct ones. not sure where to find them, but there are some on the directv approved materials list. not sure why you have flat cables from the dish to the switch unless the switch is inside and you have them through a door or window?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)