FLAT RG6 FOR SWM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MightyMikeNice

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Linden NJ
I will soon be moving,and the only option I have for my slimline3 SWM is to put it on the balcony.I know I can manage getting it aimed and secured,but Im worried about getting the coax from the LNB into the apartment without making a hole if possible.
I know of and seen the "flat" rg6 jumpers that can be used in windows and patio doors,but Im wondering if they will work properly with a SWM system.
I question it since I know the SWM technology is different from standard,and I know you should exclusively use quad shield cable.Are there flat rg6 jumpers in quad shield?If not,would a standard sheild rg6 jumper work?Does anybody know?Has anybody tried it?Any help appreciated.

It should work. I have used one for my fta system a few times and never had any problems getting and maintaing signal. I would suggest using a window that will not be open/closed a lot. Or if using the patio door, use tape to hold the strip in place.

I'm doing the exact same setup using the flat cables in my new condo.
I just ordered the cables so I hope they get here on time!

I've installed SWM setups all the time when the complex calls for flat wire. It works very good until you open and close the door on it too many times, or slam it one good time.

Treat it like glass, or have a few extra laying around for replacements.

I've installed SWM setups all the time when the complex calls for flat wire. It works very good until you open and close the door on it too many times, or slam it one good time.

Treat it like glass, or have a few extra laying around for replacements.

Having an extra laying around is always a god thing, provided you can remember where it's at when you need it.

I don't know why, but, I copied the URL over to the thread and when I go back to it, it goes to the main website instead of to the product I was interested in. :confused:

They can be bought on amazon as well for like 5 bucks with free shipping if you have prime.

Gentlemen,thanks for all the info.
I thought quad sheild coax was only to be used with SWM.I watched some factory DTV training videos on you tube and they mentioned that.I also heard others mention it.
I was also told that if I were to use a flat jumper,it should have a 3ghz rating for SWM.
If others have used them successfully,then Im sure I wont have any trouble with it.
Sometimes you gotta ignore all the technical mumbo jumbo and just install the cables and it'll work great!
Thanks again guys.

Gentlemen,thanks for all the info.
I thought quad sheild coax was only to be used with SWM.I watched some factory DTV training videos on you tube and they mentioned that.I also heard others mention it.
I was also told that if I were to use a flat jumper,it should have a 3ghz rating for SWM.
If others have used them successfully,then Im sure I wont have any trouble with it.
Sometimes you gotta ignore all the technical mumbo jumbo and just install the cables and it'll work great!
Thanks again guys.

The flat cables from Solid Signal have the 3ghz rating AND they are only $1.78,(Jimbo).
Eagle Aspen FC-300LX Slimline Flexible 8 Inch Flat RG6 Coax Window Cable (FC-300LX) - Eagle Aspen - FC-300LX-8 -

So we are in agreement that they do not have to be 3ghz quad shield for a swm setup correct?
Because the I don't know if the ones I purchased are 3ghz.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts