Flat Roof Mount for KA/KU Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cforrest

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Long Island
I am having D* installed today and the installer had to leave to get a 3-LNB since there is no flat roof mount for the KA/KU dish. Anyone with any knowledge know if the above is true or they are just lying to me? I am in the NYC DMA so I am not losing anything with the 3-LNB until we get some national MPEG-4 HD going. Thanks guys.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Let's just see if the guy shows back up with the 3-LNB, LOL! Fun with D* installers.

A wood pallet with a couple bags of concrete can become a non penetrating mount for flat roofs. Just screw the mounting foot into it.

cforrest said:
Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Let's just see if the guy shows back up with the 3-LNB, LOL! Fun with D* installers.

LOL, what makes you think he'll come back? He didn't wanna do the job in the first place so what makes you think he'll come back with the triple sat. Was it a big job (4+ rooms, wallfish, long cable runs, 3 stories) job?

Spade said:
LOL, what makes you think he'll come back? He didn't wanna do the job in the first place so what makes you think he'll come back with the triple sat. Was it a big job (4+ rooms, wallfish, long cable runs, 3 stories) job?

What's even funnier is, get this, he calls my cell at 10 pm to tell me he is around the corner from my condo building. I told him I cancelled the install and he was going oh, oh ok, sorry. Nevermind I was out at dinner with my gf for my b-day. Who the hell does an install at 10pm? Nuts. :eek: I gave my business to Robert, since he is local.

cforrest said:
What's even funnier is, get this, he calls my cell at 10 pm to tell me he is around the corner from my condo building. I told him I cancelled the install and he was going oh, oh ok, sorry. Nevermind I was out at dinner with my gf for my b-day. Who the hell does an install at 10pm? Nuts. :eek: I gave my business to Robert, since he is local.

Why must we put up with this stuff? The sat companies give these guys little incentives to actually do their jobs. They offer customers the moon and the stars and want to pay the guys that do it next to nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)