Flipping the servo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
some older positioners might of had that. I dont know if my receiver adjust skew manaualy. The dish just goes BRRRPIIIP when it swithces polarity.

Linuxman

PM me what you need added to the GBox in details. I may not need any of your stand alone controllers for polarotors. If I need one, I will let you know.

Most likely we can incorporate it into a future GBox (i.e. 4000).

Hi Trinity13,

I happened to get my hands on some of the units you described when I bought out an installer in KC a week ago.

I have the instructions on two of the units because they were in the original boxes.

Are these what you are describing?

I had one like the black unit on the right in the center photo.
(but I don't see a toggle switch on yours)

I had one like the black unit on the right in the center photo.
(but I don't see a toggle switch on yours)

You mean like this one?

servo-controllers-test-board.jpg

I forgot I had gotten that one because it was mounted on the installers test board. :)

It would be great if sadoun could make this into the G-box. I would buy one. This way I could use a good High quality chaparall feedhorn on my 7.5' dish that feeds the spare bedroom 4dtv/fta setup. It would be much easier for family members to use when the stay at my house sometimes. It seems the "flipping the servo" scenerio seems to really confuse them.

A seamless "position the dish" and flip channels would be better without thinking about H or V.

It would be great if sadoun could make this into the G-box. I would buy one. This way I could use a good High quality chaparall feedhorn on my 7.5' dish that feeds the spare bedroom 4dtv/fta setup. It would be much easier for family members to use when the stay at my house sometimes. It seems the "flipping the servo" scenerio seems to really confuse them.

A seamless "position the dish" and flip channels would be better without thinking about H or V.

That's what I asked for in my PM.

The GBox would receive the request for 13 or 18 volts from the receiver, and change polarities out through the connectors to the servo motor on the back.

I also asked for skew adjustments both H and V to be set with the GBox remote and saved with the position number so it would remember when returning to that position where to set the probe.

It should be able to accomplished very easily, and if incorporated into the next GBox version, they will sell like hotcakes. :)

Just think of it. All the BUDs setting around with Polarotors and Co-Rotors can be put back into service for modern DVB receivers to get C/Ku signals like they should be received.

sounds like a winner

LinuxMan said:
Just think of it. All the BUDs setting around with Polarotors and Co-Rotors can be put back into service for modern DVB receivers to get C/Ku signals like they should be received.
Hell of a lot easier for us to install a Vbox²© (Vbox^2©, Vbox Squared©, -:D- ) than an electrically controlled LNBf.
No alignment. No climbing. No cussin'. No fussin'. No brainer! - :up

Throw out the old analog receiver, drop the new controller box, along with a nice blind-scan DBV receiver, and you're back with the big boys!

Hell of a lot easier for us to install a Vbox²© (Vbox^2©, Vbox Squared©, -- ) than an electrically controlled LNBf.
No alignment. No climbing. No cussin'. No fussin'. No brainer!
Absolutely right!
Throw out the old analog receiver, drop the new controller box, along with a nice blind-scan DBV receiver, and you're back with the big boys!
A Buddy of mine always say, "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch". :)

Plus performance wise, the feedhorns and seperate lnbs seem to outperform lnbfs in general.
I do have an old astrotel 20 degree c band only lnbf that really performs. Most I have used however will not hang with my corotor II.
OK Mr. Sadoun.....All eyes on you now!! LOL. We need a G-box ...Super duper V box or whatever you call it with servo controls and settings for each satellite. skew adjustments on the remote.

weather proofing ?

I loved this part:
I didn't do any proper weatherproofing when I installed the feedhorn and this electronic circuit was sitting in a baggie full of rusty water. I took it apart and tried to repair it, but some parts were burned or completely rusted through and without schematics, I never could get it working correctly.
THERE IS A HOLE IN THE CAN ! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)