Florida

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
WOW....makes me feel weird not complain about Miami's TERRIBLE signal from local ABC affiliate....bad enough not get a channel due to a bad signal....but not getting a channel due to a silly dispute....well, glad that mess has been cleaned up.

We have Mediacrap...aka Mediacom, their PQ is like rabbit ears in the 60's, they don't have HD here in the boonies and not expecting to get it since they would have to replace all the underground cable lines. At lease they have broadband for 45$ a month. But I won't comment about that.....lol :D

Can anybody tell me good or bad things about ATLANTIC BROADBAND in Miami? Is the picture quality better/worse than Directv or Dish?

Thanks

sergio

Do Not Get Atlantic Broadband!!!!

Atlantic Broadband sucks!!!!!!!

I live near Pittsburgh, PA. I HAD Charter, and I loved it. Then this independant firm bought some of Charter Communications, and became Atlantic Broadband. This independant firm sells insurance... but they suck at it, which is also true about their cable and internet.
They operate in Western PA, north WV, part of MD and DE, a little part of NY, and Miami Beach. I mean, how stupid is that? You have a company that operates in two major areas, that are hundreds of miles apart? And to make things worse, their headquarters is nowhere near any of these places... it's in Massachusetts!!!!

My cable bill is $103.34 a month! That's $1240.08 a year!!! I pay less for my car insurance!
I get less than 150 channels, and 45 of them music stations, 20 of them are movie channels like HBO, which are channels that just tell me to call an 800 number to actually order the channel. Then there's lots and lots of shopping networks, religious stuff, and lots of local stuff that looks like the people are recording out of their apartment.
Plus I pay over $30.00 a month for their internet. Why? No one else is in the area. No DSL. So I'm stuck with them. I would go back to dial-up, but I hate AOL too, and when I terminated my AOL account, I totally p*ssed them off from what I said about them.... (What?! I REALLY REALLY hate AOL.) so they don't want me back.
Now, Atlantic Broadband goes out every damn day. Today was no exception, tomorrow won't be either. I'm not exaggerating. Not even a bit. Every, single, day!!!
I sit without TV or internet for hours for these retards to fix the problem because some retard hit a switch "accidentally". One time I called, and they told me to turn off my TV, and then wait 10 minutes and turn it back on, and it would be fixed.. then hung up on me, (bastards). So I did that, thinking this was just a bunch of BS, but guess what?!..... It was.
So Atlantic Broadband, you can kiss my a$$ becuase the second DSL moves in, I'm droppin' your sh*tty service!
F**K YOU ATLANTIC BROADBAND!!!!!!!!!

Do Not Get Atlantic Broadband!!!!!

Atlantic Broadband sucks!!!!!!!

I live near Pittsburgh, PA. I HAD Charter, and I loved it. Then this independant firm bought some of Charter Communications, and became Atlantic Broadband. This independant firm sells insurance... but they suck at it, which is also true about their cable and internet.
They operate in Western PA, north WV, part of MD and DE, a little part of NY, and Miami Beach. I mean, how stupid is that? You have a company that operates in two major areas, that are hundreds of miles apart? And to make things worse, their headquarters is nowhere near any of these places... it's in Massachusetts!!!!

My cable bill is now $103.34 a month! That's $1240.08 a year!!! I pay less for my car insurance!
I get less than 150 channels, and 45 of them music stations, 20 of them are movie channels like HBO, which are channels that just tell me to call an 800 number to actually order the channel. Then there's lots and lots of shopping networks, religious stuff, and lots of local stuff that looks like the people are recording out of their apartment.
Plus I pay over $30.00 a month for their internet. Why? No one else is in the area. No DSL. So I'm stuck with them. I would go back to dial-up, but I hate AOL too, and when I terminated my AOL account, I totally p*ssed them off from what I said about them.... (What?! I REALLY REALLY hate AOL.) so they don't want me back.
Now, Atlantic Broadband goes out every damn day. Today was no exception, tomorrow won't be either. I'm not exaggerating. Not even a bit. Every, single, day!!!
I sit without TV or internet for hours for these retards to fix the problem because some retard hit a switch "accidentally". One time I called, and they told me to turn off my TV, and then wait 10 minutes and turn it back on, and it would be fixed.. then hung up on me, (bastards). So I did that, thinking this was just a bunch of BS, but guess what?!..... It was.
So Atlantic Broadband, you can kiss my a$$ becuase the second DSL moves in, I'm droppin' your sh*tty service!
F**K YOU ATLANTIC BROADBAND!!!!!!!!!

korsjs said:
i have had brighthouse cable for about three weeks. i switched from dish. located in tampa. we get all local in hd except nbc. showtime and hbo hd, inhd 1 and 2 (did not know how good these channels are), hdnet and movies, discovery and espnhd.

the analog channels look like dish locals. the digital channels are better than dish. the hd channels are better than dish. the local hd are right on with ota. i like the guide on dish better. i have the hdpvr (holds 20 hours of hd) and i love it. it is my first dvr. won't go back to satellite without a good one that works. the music channels show a cover of the album, a feature i enjoy. they have a bunch of indemand channels that are really neat.

i got the satellite to cable deal for one year. all channels for around 55 including the dvr. the movie channels go away after 6 months. the hd pak is 5 dollars.

I have similar results in BHN-Orlando. The guide is also better than E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)