FM Frequency Chart

Successtrend

Original poster
May 25, 2007
Greetings,
Recently I ran across a FM Frequency Chart shorted by entering your zip code. I have recently purchased a Clarion Calypso Sirius radio and I'm experiencing poor reception. I did not save the chart at the time but would like to experiment with different frequencies for my area now and could use some help in locating sites that might have databases with such info. Can someone help me with links to charts or info?

hate to say it but mine works better (at least in my case)

Sirius says in my area to try 94.9, 95.1, 98.9, 101.7, 104.5
radio-locator says 87.9, 88.1, 88.3, 88.7, 91.9, 95.1, 95.7, 97.7, 97.9

94.9 & 98.9 are radio stations close enough to my house that I can pick them up in the truck fuzzy
101.7 has a statioon I get clear

I use 97.7 because in Minneapolis 97.7 is near Eau Claire so I don't get any interference from that and in SW MN there is a 97.7 so I can drive through most the state without having an issue :)

Take a look at both and see what happens

Search is over!

Iceberg, your right! Found a lot there and certainly a better selection of non-used call letters. Tried one listed in BEST and like night and day fuzz and drift are gone! Strong signal and quality sound, that's what satellite radio is all about! I was close to pitching the whole mess, I've bookmarked this one. Saved me time, ended my search and fixed my radio! Life is Good!
Thanks again

you can also try it on frequencies that are being broadcast on...I have had a very hard time finding a quiet frequency in the Atlanta area so I parked it on a spanish station that seems to come in loud and clear but when I put the Sirius on it covers it completely with little or no interferance....I don't know why. I think the station is some distance away but comes in clear as a bell with the Sirius unit off.

I am not sure how currency of the list at www.radio-locator.com. I am in zipcode 23060. About 2 weeks ago, I started picking up a station at 88.1, and it is very strong. It drowned out my XM to FM transmission in my car. According to www.radio-locator.com, the nearest staion on that frequency is 60 miles away.

I had no interference for 5 month on this frequency.

Bob

I am not sure how currency of the list at Radio-Locator. I am in zipcode 23060. About 2 weeks ago, I started picking up a station at 88.1, and it is very strong. It drowned out my XM to FM transmission in my car. According to Radio-Locator, the nearest staion on that frequency is 60 miles away.

I had no interference for 5 month on this frequency.

Bob

Could be a pirate. There are plenty of them in NYC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts