FM Transmitter Strength...

FRAGNBASTICH

Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
I am new to Sirius and I love it so far but one thing.... I need to know if there is a way to boost the strength of the fm transmitter. I am a delivery driver and I am in and out of my truck all day. I am usually in a garage or front yard. (I deliver water softners and salt) not too far from my truck. I have a walkman and earbuds so I dont miss anything but as soon as I am 2 feet from my truck I get no reception... I looked ant there is no portable unit at this time that gets live feed so I cant fix the problem with new radio so I need to see if there is a way to make my fm transmitter stronger...

c.barber said:
I think its illegal to make it higher power

Does anybody know which model has strongest transmitter? I have cheapest $50 model... If I cant fix this I'm giong to have to quit my subscription until they come out with a truely portable unit...

I have the XACT Stream Jockey series I and II and both get about 15' - 20' depending on local surrounding interference. AND yes it is illegal for the transmitter to be over a particular strength.

I've had 4 different Sirius units and the FM transmitter in each had different ranges. So far the last two have had the longest range and the strongest FM transmitter.

My last one was the Xact XTR and my current Sirius is the Directed Electronics S50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts