FM Transmitter

propilot5000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
I was checking out this sirius reciever and read it included an FM Transmitter, does that mean that I won't need a car kit to use it in my car?

propilot5000 said:
I was checking out this sirius reciever and read it included an FM Transmitter, does that mean that I won't need a car kit to use it in my car?

With the PNP3 you will need a car docking kit. The new Starmate does not need a car dock. Have you seen this?

From a Sirius press release:

Palm Sized Satellite Radio Available at Retail This Month
NEW YORK and LAS VEGAS, NV – January 5, 2004 – SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that its smallest "Plug & Play" satellite radio – Star Mate – will be available at retail stores beginning this month.

Star Mate, which is about the size of a deck of cards, is a transportable "Plug & Play" unit that can be used in vehicles, boats and homes, and provides access to SIRIUS’ 65 channels of 100% commercial-free music as well as over 55 channels of news, sports, weather, traffic information, original entertainment and call-in talk shows.

Featuring a three-line full display, the six-ounce Star Mate has 30 presets and a built-in wireless FM transmitter with 100 frequencies. The Star Mate, including both home and vehicle adapter kits, is expected to retail for just $129.95.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts