Food Network now on channel 616 and Channel 700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
I'd like to comfirm that Food Network will def be on next week. I called VOOM and asked them and they told me yes. They also said Fine Living and DIY were going to be added within the next few weeks. I also asked about channel 700 and the lady said they were adding a new HD channel on it but she didn't know what the channel was. So I hope you like the news

Unfortunately, most studios are too anal to release their movies to ppv hd. Supposedly they're afraid of taping or piracy. Huh? Like people with taping equipment can't tape it once it goes to HBO or Starz? Right now, only 2 major studios release their movied to ppv hd: New Line and Dreamworks. Which is why we get LotR (New Line) but not Spiderman (Columbia), for ex.

andrzej said:
Even if it's $5.99 per movie? :D

No...but I have VOOM for HD...not DIY or HGTV...or Fine Living....its great that people are happy with these ch's but I will never watch them. Its great for the ladies though...but I want my HD.

vinnyv07 said:
No...but I have VOOM for HD...not DIY or HGTV...or Fine Living....its great that people are happy with these ch's but I will never watch them. Its great for the ladies though...but I want my HD.

I agree. I mentioned $5.99 because ch.700 might be HD PPV and that's what comcast is charging in my area for HD movies.

andrzej said:
I agree. I mentioned $5.99 because ch.700 might be HD PPV and that's what comcast is charging in my area for HD movies.
Thats really way too much to be charging per movie...HD or not. I was thinking VOOm could charge a buck less and make it 5 bucks flat. Or maybe 3.99 if they want to make a splash. 3.99 would be the best we could hope for.

Channel 700 is not Pay Per View. VOOM is installing some new uplink and encoding equipment. This channel is up to make sure the new equipment works correctly with the Motorola boxes in the field.

I don't expect any PPV until at least mid January if not later.

Also Fine Living and DIY are not coming anytime soon. Not sure why the CSR told you they were, but at the moment, HGTV and the FOOD Network will be the last additions until the new year.

andrzej said:

Hi:
how many HD PPV movies does comcast offer and on how many different channels?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Channel 700 is not Pay Per View. VOOM is installing some new uplink and encoding equipment. This channel is up to make sure the new equipment works correctly with the Motorola boxes in the field.

I don't expect any PPV until at least mid January if not later.

Also Fine Living and DIY are not coming anytime soon. Not sure why the CSR told you they were, but at the moment, HGTV and the FOOD Network will be the last additions until the new year.

Do you work for VOOM? How do you know they are not adding DIY & Fine Living? I called again tonight and spoke with someone else and they told me the same thing that they got these channels lined up for release. As for 700 it will be a new HD channel (for now it's INVOOM). maybe it will be a channel people been hoping for like HDnet or something better. I think adding PPV is not a good idea unless it's for major events like boxing, UFC or wrestling

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
Do you work for VOOM? . . .
Ahh, they're so cute at that age. . . :p :neener

I wouldn't bet against Scott. Especially not on the word of a Voom CSR, or any other Voom employee for that matter. :haha

The FOOD Network is due to come online this week, however no official launch date has been announced (Food is already being uplinked just not turned on yet)

Sorry to interrupt your Nintendo game to tell you this but "Spiderman" has been on in HD.

I've been watching the changes in Bravo HD and things are looking good. They are running "The District" , "Law & Order" & "Karen Sisco" in HD. Looks like with Universal ownership Bravo HD will be getting lots of HD series now.

Tvlman said:
Sorry to interrupt your Nintendo game to tell you this but "Spiderman" has been on in HD.

I've been watching the changes in Bravo HD and things are looking good. They are running "The District" , "Law & Order" & "Karen Sisco" in HD. Looks like with Universal ownership Bravo HD will be getting lots of HD series now.

Still waiting on Stargate series in HD :(

Also if Scott says Food this week, it will most likely be Food this week.

Voom CSR = Right 20% of the time.

Scott = Right 80% of the time, if not his "prophecies" come a little late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)