? for folks with current HWS & Superjoey (only please)

You're welcome. Glad I could help you out some. Sometimes it's hard to explain. It's pretty simple once you see it in action though. There's a couple of good videos on YouTube that walk through the hopper interface if you do some searches. Might help you make a decision.

With the above I also could keep my 211K in house wired when not using it in RV.....Now looking at the H3 and a joey is a whole different bag of worms. Everything would need to be replaced from end to end- ie Dish/LNBF/solo hub.. This would also mean no longer having the 211K wired at home although they say that I can keep it on my account for use with RV..
Gerry
Getting back to your original post, A HWS/SJ will ALSO mean the 211 gets the boot out of the house. No ViP receivers allowed.

I have a HWS/SJ and it has worked fine, but with 5 people in the house, we occasionally still get conflicts. I am getting the new H3. The extra tuners are nice, but I would swap anyway for the 7X faster processor and 4K (Sports Bar).

I was going to WTF, I always thought that at least one 211K was allowed on account and it could be hooked up in household and then taken in RV when needed?
Gerry
Yes you can have Vip 211,K,Z on a Hopper account.
Only 2.
I currently have 1, But I'm going to add another 1 soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You're welcome. Glad I could help you out some. Sometimes it's hard to explain. It's pretty simple once you see it in action though. There's a couple of good videos on YouTube that walk through the hopper interface if you do some searches. Might help you make a decision.

I thus far found a Hopper User Guide and read through that (it might have been outdated if there have been any software updates) but could not find any mention of "custom" folders or recording to a specific folder only. Next step is to find some Youtube videos that might explain that sort of thing..
Thanks again, Gerry

When you set a recording there is an option for folder. The default option is no folder. But then if you click on it you can create a specific folder for that recording. I'm sitting in front of my hopper right now so I played around with it a bit to make sure I'm not giving you bad advice.

Up to 2 211's are allowed on a Hopper account.
Mea Culpa.

I was under the impression that you could keep a 211 to be used in an RV or tailgater configuration (since those are separate antennas) , but that the 211 (or any ViP model) wouldn't work on the same house configuration as the Hopper/Joey.

Mea Culpa.

I was under the impression that you could keep a 211 to be used in an RV or tailgater configuration (since those are separate antennas) , but that the 211 (or any ViP model) wouldn't work on the same house configuration as the Hopper/Joey.
It doesn't work with a Node, You have to install a DPP44.

22350fe23c0658dff3502d73759939cd.jpg

And if you are going to a Hopper 3, you are going to need a separate dish for a 211.
Yes,
That's because 211s don't work with the new Hybrid LNBs, and The Hopper 3 Only works with the Hybrid LNBs.
And actually I seen no point in a 211 on a Hopper 3 account.
You can have 7 Rooms of service with a Hopper 3, and 16 tuners Between them.
That's more than sufficient.

When you set a recording there is an option for folder. The default option is no folder. But then if you click on it you can create a specific folder for that recording. I'm sitting in front of my hopper right now so I played around with it a bit to make sure I'm not giving you bad advice.

I watched a video where I saw the "no folder" option but he bypassed it when setting up the timer. I really appreciate your continued input as to this whole Hopper UI thing!! You are really helpful :).

As to posts on my "owned" 211K, I have a DPP 44 switch and a wiring diagram as to how I need to hook up the solo node and integrator and still have my 211K off one of the switch ports. This is why I am not considering the H3 as I would need a new dish and 211K would not be able to be hooked up in house.
We having fun yet? All inputs greatly appreciated!
Gerry

Reactions: hahler2
I watched a video where I saw the "no folder" option but he bypassed it when setting up the timer. I really appreciate your continued input as to this whole Hopper UI thing!! You are really helpful :).

As to posts on my "owned" 211K, I have a DPP 44 switch and a wiring diagram as to how I need to hook up the solo node and integrator and still have my 211K off one of the switch ports. This is why I am not considering the H3 as I would need a new dish and 211K would not be able to be hooked up in house.
We having fun yet? All inputs greatly appreciated!
Gerry
I think I'm going to pass on the H3 for a while myself.
I need another room of service
I have a HWS,H2000,and 2 Joeys, with a 211z
I'm thinking about getting Another 211z, and Adding a 4K Joey to replace my slow one, as long as the 4K joey works with DPP technology.
Will a Wally work with DPP?

I'm thinking about getting Another 211z, and Adding a 4K Joey to replace my slow one, as long as the 4K joey works with DPP technology.

My limited knowledge of the Wally is that it is a 211K with the updated UI. But as far as working with legacy dish,etc I don't know. Since I have one 211K and a backup one to boot I have not looked into it.
Gerry

I did a search on google and came up pretty empty on the "Wally". I decided to look through the first posts of Scott's coverage of Dish CES and there was a question on the Wally. Scott said that it is 211 type receiver with the new Carbon UI and it will not work with the Hopper 3 System (just like the 211K won't work). This tells me that it is a legacy system 1 tuner receiver that will work with DPP hardware but NOT with the new DPH LNBF. Hope that helps.
Wife is watching her shows on main TV (Haven/Reign) so I had some time to kill! :).
Gerry

I did a search on google and came up pretty empty on the "Wally". I decided to look through the first posts of Scott's coverage of Dish CES and there was a question on the Wally. Scott said that it is 211 type receiver with the new Carbon UI and it will not work with the Hopper 3 System (just like the 211K won't work). This tells me that it is a legacy system 1 tuner receiver that will work with DPP hardware but NOT with the new DPH LNBF. Hope that helps.
Wife is watching her shows on main TV (Haven/Reign) so I had some time to kill! :).
Gerry

The Hopper 3 takes over the Hybrid LNB when it's plugged into port #1 so no other receiver can be connected to the same Hybrid LNB. If you want a Hopper 3 then it's got to have it's own dish, at least until Dish comes out with a compatible switch.

According to Vivek the Wally will work with the Hybrid LNB, in fact he said that you can put up to 16 Wally's on a single Hybrid LNBF with the proper splitters.

I did an install today with a HWS, a SuperJoey and 2 Joeys using the Hybrid LNB, a duo hub and a Hybrid tap. No splitters or integrators necessary. It was very clean. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Hopper 3 takes over the Hybrid LNB when it's plugged into port #1 so no other receiver can be connected to the same Hybrid LNB. If you want a Hopper 3 then it's got to have it's own dish, at least until Dish comes out with a compatible switch.

According to Vivek the Wally will work with the Hybrid LNB, in fact he said that you can put up to 16 Wally's on a single Hybrid LNBF with the proper splitters.

I did an install today with a HWS, a SuperJoey and 2 Joeys using the Hybrid LNB, a duo hub and a Hybrid tap. No splitters or integrators necessary. It was very clean. :)
I was wondering if the Wally ONLY works with the Hybrid?

Or will it work on my ProPlus system too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts