For Germans in America: GermanTV ends in December this year

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Michael-Berlin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
DWTV (Deutsche Welle) will take over the frequencies next year.

The following text is written in German language. Maybe someones English is better than mine ... he could translate it for americans:

Das Auslandsfernsehprogramm German TV wird endgültig eingestellt. Der Sendebetrieb des von der Deutschen Welle (DW) zusammen mit ARD und ZDF betriebenen Pay-TV-Angebot wird Ende Dezember beendet. Das sagte DW-Intendant Erik Bettermann gegenüber dem Branchendienst Funkkorrespondenz.

Ab dem 1. Januar 2006 wird über die Übertragungskanäle, die German TV bislang nutzt, das Nachrichten- und Informationsprogramm DW-TV ausgestrahlt. German TV war im März 2002 zunächst als Angebot für den US-amerikanischen Markt auf Sendung gegangen. Sukzessive folgten weitere Sendegebiete, unter anderem in Südamerika. Mit Zulieferungen aus dem Angebot von ARD und ZDF war das Programm quasi eine Art "Best of"-Programm des deutschen öffentlich-rechtlichen Fernsehen.

I'm lost...is GermanTV going away because they are being taken over by Deutsche Welle? I have been recording the Deutsche Welle new programs for my wife's friend who is a high school German teacher. Please excuse my ignorance...hard to imagine both sides of my family tree originate from Deutschland. :eek:

babel fish translation

The foreign television program German TV is finally stopped. The transmit mode Pay TV offer claimant by the German wave (DW) together with pool of broadcasting corporations and Second Channel of German Television at the end of of Decembers is terminated. That said DW director Erik Bettermann in relation to the industry service radio correspondence. Starting from 1 January 2006 over the channels, which German TV uses so far, the realigning and information program DW-TV are radiated. German TV had gone in March 2002 first as offer for the US-American market on transmission. Further transmission areas followed gradually, among other things in South America. With supplies from the offer of pool of broadcasting corporations and Second Channel of German Television the program was quasi a kind "Best of" program German public television.

http://world.altavista.com/tr

@juan: Thanks for translation :)

riffjim4069 said:
I'm lost...is GermanTV going away because they are being taken over by Deutsche Welle? I have been recording the Deutsche Welle new programs for my wife's friend who is a high school German teacher. Please excuse my ignorance...hard to imagine both sides of my family tree originate from Deutschland. :eek:
no ... it's not a take over by Deutsche Welle TV. DWTV was part of it. The main providers of GermanTV were the public broadcasters ARD (Union of Germany's regional broadcasters - "The First") and ZDF (second german television). There are not enough of subscribers in north- and south-america. Well ... other countries in Europe have some channels for the US with content of their own public channels (TV Polonia, tve Spain, RAI Italy etc.) ... but only we damn sucking Germans haven't big eggs in our pants to bring an entertainment channel for the big hole world :( Our private channels wanna stop the transmission over DVB-T (digital TV over antenna) ... we don't have analoge channels here in Berlin! ... and wanna encode all of their programs via satellite and cable in Europe. They wanna start their own paytv-offers and in this case they don't wanna bring us FTA channels anymore :(

yes ... Germany suxx! FTA rules!

i'm in southerna california and i just ordered ch. 725, german tv, about a week and a half ago. i ordered german tv with the $50 superdish upgrade. it's gonna be installed next week. i paid $109.99 up-front for the whole year too. i can't believe it. i was extremely looking forward to this.

ProSiebenSat.1 Welt

there is also channel 726 ProSiebenSat.1 Welt out of Unterfohring -just outside of Munchen.

Will this channel still be available?

Will any german programming be on ch. 725 after December 2005 or will ch. 725 end?

MikeCTM2 said:
there is also channel 726 ProSiebenSat.1 Welt out of Unterfohring -just outside of Munchen.

Will any german programming be on ch. 725 after December 2005 or will ch. 725 end?
email ceo@echostar.com usually they come up with good answers

MikeCTM2 said:

I guess yes.

MikeCTM2 said:
DWTV (Deutsche Welle Fernsehen) will send its programm on this channel.

ich frue mich das zu horen. i'm glad to hear that. will ch. 725 be in german still or english? i watch DW News on ch. 9711 (SkyAngel) and it's in english.

Germans don't speak English? in Berlin it's true :(

The problem here in Berlin is the history of the city. The western half was known as the "free part of Berlin" and the eastern part was the "Zone" (russian zone). I'm from East-Berlin and I never had English in school :( But I've learned the russian language and I have no problem with any kyrillic letters :D
Later ... when Berlin was reunited ... I've learned English only by TV (AFN, BBC, NBC, CBS etc.) ... but not every eastern German has this channels and german TV stations are translating all of the american series, movies and documentaries. Every american paytv-channel in Germany and Austria (e.g. Disney Channel, Nat. Geographic, AXN, MTV etc.) only has a german language line. Scandinavian and Netherlands TV brings the shows, series and movies in English and subtitles. But we Germans have german audio. That's why we don't speak English :D (in the eastern part of Berlin and Germany)

so ein mist. Ich seuche ein ganz deutsch sendung.

crap. i'm looking for a completely german station.

having ch. 725 german-speaking only 1/3 of the time is unacceptable.

i'm calling dishnetwork as soon as a can and changing my order from ch. 725 to ch. 726

ProSiebenSat1 Welt on 726 is a 24/7 german station. It's a mix of self-produced shows, series and news from Pro7Sat1's biggest stations Pro Sieben, Sat.1, Kabel 1 and N24.

I like Stefan Raab (Late Night Talker on Pro Sieben) ... you can watch its show every day on ProSiebenSat1-Welt.

Michael-Berlin said:
I guess, your German has the same style as my English ;)

Seuche = Desease :D
Suche = Search :)

Sendung = Show, Broadcast
Sender = Station

Please tell me too when my English suxx :D
Michael, you write better than most of the native English speakers on this site.

mdonnelly said:
Michael, you write better than most of the native English speakers on this site.
really?
happy.gif

I'm learning every day :D
That's the reason why I'm using Cable Germany's ENGLISH-package for €4,-

btw ... is Donelly your name? When I was in the army (German Bundeswehr) a drill seargent's name was Donelly. He was from Niedersachsen (north-western Germany)

Yes, really. Most people misspell words, and don't use punctuation right.

Nope, I can't claim to be German. Irish-English. I do have two nephews in the Munich area, but they aren't Donnelly's.

the object pronoun refering to Stefan Raab should be 'his' rather than 'its'.

television content is called 'programming' not 'program'

totzdem, sehr gut Englisch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts