????? for installers out there

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

till

Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
alabama
Hello to all the Satellite Guys. I'm new here and to satellites. I have seen many ads for installer jobs in my area. I am really looking for a new CAREER, I'm tired of dead end jobs and having to scrape by every week. I have been reading up on satellite installing and think it would be a career i'd like. Does anyone from the Birmingham Al area, or any area have any advice or input? Thanks

Go for it. As long as you're ready for it. It has moderate physical demand, and sometimes the hours aren't the best, but the pay is good and it's easy to catch onto.

This is not a career for about 90% of the people who get into it. I think the future of TV may not include satellite TV. The industry is cool though! I enjoy it!

I coming out of painting and sheetrock, i doubt if its more physically demanding than hanging 5/8th sheetrock. I have found different companies, some hiring installers as sub-contracters some hiring as employees. I dont see how sub contracting would be a good idea for a beginner with the overhead exspences that that would carry.

till said:
I coming out of painting and sheetrock, i doubt if its more physically demanding than hanging 5/8th sheetrock. I have found different companies, some hiring installers as sub-contracters some hiring as employees. I dont see how sub contracting would be a good idea for a beginner with the overhead exspences that that would carry.

Atleast start out as a something other than a sub. It is ecpensive tp get started. So once you know if you can hang with this kinda work, you can always start putting together what you know you need and then sub. I have a few friends that have done this and now make a goid rate subbin.

Dishman1978 said:
Atleast start out as a something other than a sub. It is ecpensive tp get started. So once you know if you can hang with this kinda work, you can always start putting together what you know you need and then sub. I have a few friends that have done this and now make a goid rate subbin.

Meant good not goid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)