For New Customers - Hopper is the Only Option?

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
My parents are contemplating switching from Charter Cable to DISH. Their reason - if Charter is going to start requiring a receiver for each TV, then their thinking is they might as well go satellite. Right now they like having one receiver on the main TV, and at least getting most of the same channels on any other TV by simply screwing the coax into the TV. I was going through the "build your system" for new customers on DISH's website. During the last step of the build it only shows the Hopper as an option - no other receivers. They are on a fixed income where every penny counts, they've survived almost 70 years without a DVR, and they want as simple a system as possible. They also have no HD sets, and they have enough spare TVs (from deceased family members, etc) I just don't see them ever purchasing an HD set for their remaining life on Earth. So, can a new customer no longer get a non-DVR receiver like the Duo 322 or the 222k? I feel the Hopper may be too complicated for them and they will be paying for more "technology" than they can use or need. Thanks.

Eric

Call Dish directly or look for DIRT staff here on the website to discuss

Last edited:
There are plenty of other options, 612. 722, 211,etc.... But when you go through the online procedure it does make is seem like the Hoppa is what you are going to get, I didn't see an alternative when I tried it for a couple of rooms to see. It may depend on what info you give, but it does seem Dish is pushing towards the Hoppa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)