For record only new, why multichannel selection?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Socalcracker

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Temecula ca
When I set up a new timer to record only new, I often am asked to select from a group of stations (or select them all). Why does it ask me what stations I want the 922 to use? Is the original air date of an episode the date it originally showed on the first station? If so, then isn't a particular episode considered a rerun by the other stations who show this episode later in the week?

The reason I care is that often there are viewing time conflicts of my favorite programs, which isn't a problem when my husband is out of town. However, when he is at home, he selects a channel other than the two that conflict, so I make it a habit to pick which of my conflicting programs to skip. Sometimes, if the episode is broadcast at a later time in the evening on the same channel, my 922 will then schedule the skipped episode on the same channel on a later time slot--which is great. Otherwise, I write down (in my iPad) the episode name of the skipped episode so I can try to find it elsewhere (like on abc player app or on hulu in 30 days). Is there anyway that I can have the 922 get that skipped episode to schedule a recording for it on another channel--without manual intervention? Will the other channel consider the skipped episode to be new if it is the first broadcast of it on this channel or do all channels use the original air date as the definition of new?

you would have to set up multiple timers for each channel the program is on, but each timer would not know if it had been recorded. at least i don't think it would. i think you would almost certainly have to manually intervene and go into your timers schedule and skip each one that you don't want recorded or do want recorded. you might try setting a dish pass using the iphone/android mobile app and seeing if that will work for you. what show are you trying to record? i'd be happy to try it out on my 922 and see what kind of result i get. might be easier to tell you what would happen.

if you're within range to get good locals via digital broadcast, then get an MT2 / OTA Tuner (Over The Air) module.

With it, you get two additional tuners, that can be used (again if you're close enough) to record the big Networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, +) and thus you can free up any of the "Network" timers that currently use only Dish for those signals.

That might give you just the extra umpf you need.

Thank you both for replying. Where I live I can't even get a cellular signal let alone over the air signal. This time I will have to skip cattle's rain episode but the other channels who have cattle episodes this week I don't think will have rain, so I don't think a test will work. I guess the multiple channel thing might be helpful if I found a program new to me and wanted to get new and as many reruns recorded as fast as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts