For The People - For Sale

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Funny you should say that, I was on the phone to Iceberg the other night and we both tuned into The Peoples Network and we noticed that Chuck was not there, some other guy was in the chair! Hope all is well!

When I talked to the teck about my reception problem, he told me that funds were running short as The station is funded mainly buy Chuck himself. That would be a big loss for us if it goes down.

I checked the People's Network TV website... no announcement, but also no new program listings since March 6th.

I don't think Chuck has been carried on too many radio stations since he sold the original "For the People" radio network some years ago, and he quit buying time on a shortwave station for the program some time ago due to a lack of funds. Hopefully, at least the audio portion of his show will continue.

For Sale doesn't look good for Chuck continuing at all, but I guess that would depend on who buys it. Perhaps they will scramble together some resolution.
Doesn't look good, but who knows...

Same with me,as I got in to FTA,after seeing his ad on the Yesterday USA website. Also he was the only Sat to carry Yesterday USA. I liked it so well that I was watching it more than my pay channels,actually I would be willing to pay for it. Are there any other channels out there anywhere like it? As I am new to FTA,I have not explored whats all out there,as most of the time I have been watching or recording Chuck.

Wonder what will this mean for the Howard Hewes show?
If its not there at 6am every weekday morning I for one will be staying in bed.
!sadroll

Although it does say For Sale, I'm kinda hoping they will cut back programming before going completely black. Interested to see what happens Monday morning.

12:00 Noon Sunday, and The People's Network is broadcasting again. Guess we'll see for how long.

TuxCoder said:
Maybe Howard can share some details with us Monday morning? :)
Be nice!
That one broadcast at noon about Chip I.D. Implants looks to be the only one for today.

New post on the websight says, selling due to lack of public support, (funds and donations i guess) and Yesterday usa i think is being carried as an audio carrier on Primemedia as well.

neil_kc1 said:
New post on the websight says, selling due to lack of public support, (funds and donations i guess) and Yesterday usa i think is being carried as an audio carrier on Primemedia as well.

Anyone have access to the member area? Maybe there is more info posted there. I joined in 2004 but never got the password, ID, for the member area. I'm in the process of getting set up just to get For the people, I'm going to be really bummed if it's not there! :no

They are airing right now, but it's been pretty much gone since last weekend.
Waiting to see if Chuck comes back on about 1:00 PM CST, his usual air time.
Might even have to twist my shortwave dial and see if he still airs there too.
I wouldn't get too bummed out about it. Just point to G10.

Let me edit this: I just re-read the banner at the bottom of the screen on this UFO Info program. About For The People being For Sale: It now says,
"Do not call. Offer expired." Whatever that means, and it is airing for now.

What's been showing are old TV shows Chuck did years ago. One of them said copyright 1995. The "offers not valid" I think refers to the video tapes, books, etc. that are being sold during the shows.

The TalkStar network audio is still carried on a subcarrier (on my Pansat it's on Language 4-Right) and at 2:06 pm Central, Chuck's show started and he said we're on both TV and radio. I wonder if that show was a re-run, since it wasn't on TV.

Howard Hewes "Good Morning USA"

Hey guys,
I would have answered sooner, but it took 2 days to figure out the registration process... ha ha ha. My chief engineer, David Jones, called me on Saturday to say that it was over...out of money. Hopefully if they get a buyer/investor I'll be back on. Looking for a new network - with the new technology and DSL we can be anywhere from our own studio. We have quite a large audience and a proven mass appeal. Will have more information on my website www.howardhewes.com in the upcoming weeks. Thank you so much for all the discussion of the program and the network. I am deeply greatful for your interest and support of the show. We are open and receptive to any ideas or offers for new places to take the program.
Thanks for all the kind words.
Howard Hewes
tmm@howardhewes.com

HOLY CRAP......
the man the myth the legend is here :)

Welcome Howard! Don't be a stranger :wave

Hopefully something will come up...I know Pete (PSB) is lost without seeing your show in the morning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts