force 61.5

livingston

Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
How do I force my Dish receivers to use satellite 61.5 and ignore 129 since 129 is flaky here and 61.5 is solid?

I covered 129 and re-ran check switch. The check switch screen then showed that indeed 129 was present but had no signal. After downloading a new channel guide, the HD channels were still on the list but NONE of them worked.

Apparently ALL my HD channels are on 129. While 61.5 is connected with a strong signal it does me no good at all.

How do I get actual HD programming off 61.5?

You did something wrong. Try using tin foil and wrap the 129 lnb good.

menu: 6-1-1 checkswitch, what you are trying to achieve is possible.

You need to run TEST after you CHECK SWITCH. I covered up my 129 LNB some time ago with aluminum foil and receive all my HD from 61.5. Asssuming you have a 1000.2 dish, the 129 LNB is the one on your right when you're facing the dish. It'll work!:up
Yer welcome!:)
Ed

I have a single dish for the 129 satellite. I was wondering if I can switch it to the 61.5 satellite. Will I get the HD channels that I got from 129 satellite. Thanks

Dear Old Corps,
yes I have 1000.2 LNBF,
and I did cover up the correct 129 LNB,
and I did run the Test,
and it did warn me that I had now had fewer satellites than before,
and I did accept that,
and it did download a new channel guide,

AND

ALL my HD channels were dead!

They still appeared on my channel guide list but they were non functional.

I went through the entire guide from the 00-XXX numbers to the top of the list at 9902.

I tried every HD channel on the list.
Not a single one of them worked.

Dear Old Corps,
yes I have 1000.2 LNBF,
and I did run the Test,
and I did accept that,

AND

I went through the entire guide from the 00-XXX numbers to the top of the list at 9902.

Should've worked. I, like others, have done this little trick of covering up the 129 LNB with foil. (BTW, you can also cut a soda can in half and it'll slide right over the "129 eye").

Dear Old Corps,
yes I have 1000.2 LNBF,
and I did run the Test,
and I did accept that,

AND

You might try removing your existing head, put on a DPP twin for 110/119 and wire 61.5 to that. I don't think you would have to change out the dish.

Meanwhile I thought of another experiment. I disconnected the 1000.2 antenna completely ran the 61.5 antenna directly to the receiver. Ran check switch and downloaded new channel guide.

All the premium HD channels I pay extra for were listed but didn't work - for example A&E and History Channel. There were some HD channels that did work like fishing and hunting channels. That's nice but I want the ones I'm paying extra for.

I wish I could use 61.5 instead of 129 but my SD locals come in on 129. It would be nice if I could use 61.5 for just the HD channels and 129 for my locals. I guess this will not matter soon anyways since they are replacing the 129 bird very soon.

I switched from the 129 to the 61.5 and everything worked great. Did a check switch after locking in the 61.5. Showed the 110, 119, and 61.5. All channels came in the same as on 129. Locals came in great in HD.

Finally solved the 61.5 issue.

I happened to have a perfectly good DPP Quad LNB so I originally used that to pick up 61.5. That is when I was able to pick up some HD channels but not the ones I really wanted. For those who don't know, the Quad has two heads and 4 outputs.

I called Dish and the tech on the phone told me that he didn't think the Quad would work for this purpose. Indeed the Dish instructions specify either a DPP Single or a DPP Dual to pick up 61.5. So I bought a Dual (one head with two outputs) and it works!

My 129 head is now wrapped in aluminum foil and I'm getting all my HD channels from 61.5 with no fade out.

Finally solved the 61.5 issue.

I happened to have a perfectly good DPP Quad LNB so I originally used that to pick up 61.5. That is when I was able to pick up some HD channels but not the ones I really wanted. For those who don't know, the Quad has two heads and 4 outputs.

I called Dish and the tech on the phone told me that he didn't think the Quad would work for this purpose. Indeed the Dish instructions specify either a DPP Single or a DPP Dual to pick up 61.5. So I bought a Dual (one head with two outputs) and it works!

My 129 head is now wrapped in aluminum foil and I'm getting all my HD channels from 61.5 with no fade out.

My dish 500 pro quad works great for 61.5. It makes no difference which output I connnect to. The only difference with outputs is aligning the dish for best signal.

Ron

My dish 500 pro quad works great for 61.5. It makes no difference which output I connnect to. The only difference with outputs is aligning the dish for best signal.

Ron
yes, that may very well be, however it usually won't work (and isn't supposed to) on the extra LNB input on a 1000.2 LNB or a DPPTwin. For one, the power requirements are a little too high, and for another, you are adding a switch, in a situation that already has one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)