Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Dumb question…..can you “force” an LNB to stay on one polarity?

Reason I ask is I have a dish for G10 and want to use my .3 LNB (instead of a .6) but it only has one output (and I need to run to at least 3 receivers). I have a few 4 way High Frequency splitters (one side power pass) but is it possible to make the lNB stay V only?

My old Primestar LNB has 2 ports (one V and one H) but thats a .6 or .7 :eek:

a 2x4 multi-switch should do that. Just connect the 13v or 18v leg to the one output from the LNB.

Or use a 1 leg power pass HF splitter for all connected receivers and leave the box with the power pass tuned to said polarity :).

Shawn

Last edited:
You can put LNB, then power inserter (basically a power supply with the output going through a diode that taps into the coax, a 1N4148 or 1N914 will work) then a DC block (basically a capacitor for the voltage does not pass through) Depending on the voltage of the power supply, you can have either Horizontal (15.5V-19.0V) or Vertical (11.5V-14.0V) A splitter can be easily adapted to perform this, but put a capacitor on all outputs as well as at the input poiunt where you will tap in with the diode. Military spec. capacitors are only a few cents more than the cheap ones, so use them as they are far better quality. I used 102 caps (0.01 microfarads) and a 1N4148 diode with an old power supply from a notebook for my stacked LNBF for StarChoice before I put up my eliptical dish.

As Shawn95GT suggests, use a 1 leg power pass splitter, but if you do not want to leave a unit on, just put a power adapter on the one output to power the LNBF, and your receivers on the other outputs.

Attachments

• splitter.bmp
    24.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Or just get a high stability LNB for 10 bucks (maybe 20) off ebay. You get a good LNB on the cheap and no worries. Well unless you decide you DO want to change polarity on the fly. ;-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts